NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Vikings (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Seasons over (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=108941)

lee harris 10 30.08.2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodkarma84 (Post 2288125)
you said the way Teddy plays.

Geno/EJ have so far failed to show much, even at this end of the market better guys are out there.

Sanchez/Colin for example and Mettenberger ;)
pretty much anyone :p

Think Norv Turner can get alot out if the right QB in his system,pointed out that Weeden and Hoyer have also played for him if we are kicking names around.

Kaepernick just looked awful last year and has and still has a expensive salary and alsi has an injury guarantee for his 2017 salary that will put teams off playing him unless he re-did his deal.

goodkarma84 30.08.2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccfcchris (Post 2288129)
Honestly, based on what I have seen on the field the only 2 options that would be worth it are Kaepernick(off the field issue there) and AJ Mccaron, based on the rest of the team would be glad to give anything up to a second rounder for him.

which issue?
(so many issues to keep track of ;))

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee harris 10 (Post 2288130)
Think Norv Turner can get alot out if the right QB in his system,pointed out that Weeden and Hoyer have also played for him if we are kicking names around.

Kaepernick just looked awful last year and has and still has a expensive salary and alsi has an injury guarantee for his 2017 salary that will put teams off playing him unless he re-did his deal.

Weeden and Hoyer have been pretty bad the whole time, at least with Colin there might be some chance for him to become useable.

ccfcchris 30.08.2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee harris 10 (Post 2288130)

In terms of Kaep its a huge gamble granted but theres a good QB in there somewhere.

GtheVike 02.09.2016 01:40 PM

Its Next Man Up

Don't be surprised if #6 starts for us this season.

We are a good team which will be in a lot of close games - think 2014.

BrooksyEffect 03.09.2016 04:30 PM

Well now Sam Bradford has joined from the Eagles. We gave away a 1st round 2017 pick and a conditional 4th in 2018.

joecphillips 03.09.2016 05:23 PM

bradford has came in, traded for a 1st and 4th.

ccfcchris 04.09.2016 05:07 PM

Happy with the trade yes a first is a lot but hopefully it will be in the the late 20s or 30s anyway, lets hope the 4th turns into a second. :D

GtheVike 05.09.2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccfcchris (Post 2289213)
Happy with the trade yes a first is a lot but hopefully it will be in the the late 20s or 30s anyway, lets hope the 4th turns into a second. :D

Yes, it would be great if it turns into a first and second!

CUFC_Viking 06.09.2016 12:39 PM

If we get to the Superbowl with Sam Bradford I'd probably be happy to give them all our picks for the next 10 years....

Don't mind the player, do mind the price. It would suggest they have some serious concerns about Bridgewater's longevity now, but I'd be surprised if Bradford is the answer to any sort of long-term problem. I'd rather we'd tried to make do this year and then use that first rounder (either in position or via trade) to get someone in the draft if necessary, or at least wait for the offseason when the price on half decent QBs will have dropped somewhat. I suppose guys like Spielman can't afford to wait that long though as they've all got jobs that depend on the here and now. I suppose the one thing you would say is that whilst it's certainly never a good thing to not have a first round pick at your disposal, we are probably one of the top 5 teams in the league who need it the least with the way our roster is set up.

It's kick started the season again though for sure, feels again now like we have to make the playoffs to justify it.

joefairs 08.09.2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUFC_Viking (Post 2289662)
I'd rather we'd tried to make do this year and then use that first rounder (either in position or via trade) to get someone in the draft if necessary, or at least wait for the offseason when the price on half decent QBs will have dropped somewhat.

When you look at what you had to give up to get a QB this year in the draft, and what the Titans wanted for the number 2 pick last year from the Eagles, unless we absolutely tanked under Hill that first wouldn't have been much use to try and get a QB in my opinion.

Price for Bradford is high, but with roster built as it is, and presumably legitimate concerns over Teddy for 2017, I'm pretty happy with the trade. Gives us a chance this year, and covers us for next year if Teddy struggles.

I've always thought Bradford is better than most anyway - he seems to be judged harshly because he earned a lot of money due to rookie pay scale, and has missed time with injury.