NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Chargers (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Los Angeles Chargers Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=8754)

Tal 09.01.2008 07:15 AM

Re:San Diego Super-Chargers Thread

[quote author=EoE link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=990#msg820775 date=1199668883]
[quote author=Boltman link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=975#msg820769 date=1199668440]
I'm not actually concerned about our ability to run the ball against the Colts. Not convinced we'll win the game, but the Colts run D is a totally different proposition to the Titans. Small, quick D-line that WON'T bully our O-line, LT on turf. We normally struggle against big, physical teams, not the quicker ones.
[/quote]
snip
...I'm not going to write us off, especially with the Colts' injury issues...
snip
[/quote]

Just as an FYI on the injury issue, from http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsider/

"...Dungy gave every indication on Monday that everyone, with the possible exception of tight end Ben Utecht, who has been bothered by a shoulder injury, should practice Wednesday and likely play against San Diego."

You can listen to Dungy's Monday press conferance at the Colts official site.

EoE 09.01.2008 08:30 AM

[quote author=Tal link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=990#msg822134 date=1199862930]
[quote author=EoE link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=990#msg820775 date=1199668883]
[quote author=Boltman link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=975#msg820769 date=1199668440]
I'm not actually concerned about our ability to run the ball against the Colts. Not convinced we'll win the game, but the Colts run D is a totally different proposition to the Titans. Small, quick D-line that WON'T bully our O-line, LT on turf. We normally struggle against big, physical teams, not the quicker ones.
[/quote]
snip
...I'm not going to write us off, especially with the Colts' injury issues...
snip
[/quote]

Just as an FYI on the injury issue, from http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsider/

"...Dungy gave every indication on Monday that everyone, with the possible exception of tight end Ben Utecht, who has been bothered by a shoulder injury, should practice Wednesday and likely play against San Diego."

You can listen to Dungy's Monday press conferance at the Colts official site.

[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I read that. Considering the injury problems you've had this season, it'll be quite amazing if everyone is fit.

Tal 09.01.2008 08:35 AM

it wouldn't surprise me too much at this point if Harrison, Utecht and Deim miss the game, but everyone else should be good to go, I'm thinking.

vixbolts 09.01.2008 12:36 PM

Is it wierd that the thought of Gates being missing isn't playing on my mind too much?

Sure I'd like him there, but I just keep thinking that there are other options available and (the huge positive from this season, for me, regardless of what happens in this game) we seem to be more capable of using them.

EoE 09.01.2008 12:55 PM

[quote author=vixbolts link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=990#msg822258 date=1199882179]
Is it wierd that the thought of Gates being missing isn't playing on my mind too much?

Sure I'd like him there, but I just keep thinking that there are other options available and (the huge positive from this season, for me, regardless of what happens in this game) we seem to be more capable of using them.
[/quote]

Totally agree. It's all down to the Chambers signing. I think we all hoped he'd take some attention/pressure away from Gates and he's done just that. The only worry is that if Gates is out of the starting line-up, the Colts can write him out of their plans and put much more focus on Chambers. Pre-Chambers, third down might as well have been renamed "Gates Down". Not the case now, and I think our steady improvement has coincided with Chambers getting more and more involved.

V-Jax also deserves a mention for recent performances, but I still find him somewhat inconsistant. In my mind, that's why the Chambers signing was so important (with Parker being injured); V-Jax wasn't ready to be a number one receiver.

vixbolts 09.01.2008 01:15 PM

V-Jax... now there's somone else I meant to mention.

Earlier in the season, I felt nervous every time Rivers threw the ball in his direction... I don't anymore. Again, it does come down to Chambers addition. His presence seems to have had the desired affect on Jackson, and also on River's confidence.

Manu was probably a better choice of TE for the Titans game... having him in blocking would've probably opened up the running game more.

Anyway... I feel we'll see alot of different receivers during the Colts game. We've seen resonable success with Legs and Davis when the balls gone their way. I wonder if Floyd or Chandler will be activated if Gates is out?

What I would like to see, if Tomlinson struggles early on, is having him & Turner on the field at the same time... let the D guess whether finess or power is getting the ball.

parttimealcoholic 11.01.2008 04:47 AM

My mind keeps swaying side to side. I cant call this at all. I think if the Colts dont shut out LT and we control the clock for majority of the game we could win, but if it doesnt go as planned i really really hope Rivers has finally turned the corner as i think the team that makes the least mistakes will take this one. Lets hope Shawne gets in mannings face the whole dam game

UrbanLegend 13.01.2008 09:39 PM

Lt out for 3 quarters
gates far from fully fit
rivers misses last quarter

and

WE DID IT.

Rivers was awesome today absolutly awesome!

Gonna need everyone back fit next week but what a game what a night

Riggo 13.01.2008 09:41 PM

Norv must have sold his soul to devil.
What the devil the devil would want with it is a big mystery.

phr102 13.01.2008 09:42 PM

[quote author=Riggo link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=1005#msg826234 date=1200260475]
Norv must have sold his soul to devil.
What the devil the devil would want with it is a big mystery.
[/quote]

Would make a nice doorstop.

Chambers showing his worth, kudos to the Bolts