NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Chargers (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Los Angeles Chargers Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=8754)

oglalakev 29.10.2012 08:51 PM

I got excited about it as well

UrbanLegend 29.10.2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oglalakev (Post 1683187)
I got excited about it as well

im glad its not just me, i just hope we can see another tutu TD this season. Very likeable guy

CALkulon 29.10.2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbanlegend (Post 1683177)
#chargers sign wr seyi ajirotutu to fill the open roster spot.

SEASON SAVED!

The comeback is on, people!

But seriously, not going to argue with the move, even if he does nothing I still love the guy.

Andyf 31.10.2012 11:02 AM

Woop! Tutu! Everyone pick him and McMichael in fantasy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend (Post 1682448)
You're a brave man, I wouldnt wanna sit through that if i didnt have to. Absolute dog of a game.

'Fraid I just did. Actually think it wasn't as bad seeing as I already knew how miserable the result was.

More good points than I expected. Despite the fumble, the running game looks good with Mathews. In those conditions you kinda felt that Norv had to either buy into the conservative approach properly, or run a proper 'spread the field' Norv offense. This 'mix in silly reverses and shot plays at inopportune moments' stuff really killed us right when the run game was pounding away with success.

The D continues to be as it has all season. So much to be excited about in the front 7, but silly mistakes and inability to make the big play are just killing us. Just like against the Saints and Donks, so many single plays that if they get made, we should win. The Bigby pick. That Richardson sweep that Cason wasn't there to cut off.

Bigby really stunk. I love the versatility he's given our D; Pagano seems to use a lot more 1 deep; and he's been able to pretty much interchange with Weddle, but he's just seems to lose discipline too often, bite on the PA, and most importantly, go for the silly big hits and not form tackle enough; something that I think Pagano has got the D doing really well as a whole otherwise. Too many mistakes by Cason as well.
I love what Pagano's done, I like the talent we have, but somehow the D just isn't living up to what it seems it should.

Just what has happened to Rivers I don't know. I still think he's consistently underthrowing the deep ball, whether thats him not feeling he has the pocket time to properly set and drive the ball, or if his arm is falling away, I have no idea. But just too many bad decisions. Is he feeling rushed? Did he used to make those throws but VJ/Chambers etc. won the jump ball?

Position of this TNF game is really not helping us, but I suppose at least it's at the Murph.

Looking likely we might go in with only Floyd, Alexander and Tutu at wideout, so another situation where we might activate Green; I'd love to see him on the field.

The real painful thing this season has been having to accept all those trash talking doubters from other teams (who continually voiced leaguewide misconceptions and fallacies about the chargers, didn't know anything about the team, the exciting changes on D, the reasons why we were rubbish last year and why it shouldn't happen again etc.) were in fact right all along. I hate most of all that the O is so bad. It's one thing to deal with being a team of rubbish chokers who can nonetheless scare even the best opponents. It's another to just be all-round rubbish.

But of course muggins here will be up as usual on Friday morning, somehow expecting things to change

UrbanLegend 31.10.2012 08:23 PM

Meachem is Questionable
Royal Doubtful
Carr (who prob would have done the kick returns) Questionable

Rivers throwing to no names again then! And hes been bad enough throwing to people we've heard of!

CALkulon 31.10.2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend (Post 1685494)
Meachem is Questionable
Royal Doubtful
Carr (who prob would have done the kick returns) Questionable

Rivers throwing to no names again then! And hes been bad enough throwing to people we've heard of!

You what that means - stick some money on Tutu for two TDs!

Andyf 01.11.2012 11:16 AM

Oddly excited about the game today. Work must be really dull. I guess it can't be any worse than it has been so far.

UrbanLegend 01.11.2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyf (Post 1685874)
Oddly excited about the game today. Work must be really dull. I guess it can't be any worse than it has been so far.

I always get excited, Whether we're the best or the worst in the league, I love my chargers. I just enjoy watching them play. Sure its been really hard recently but id still rather sit through another Cleveland game or another 2nd half collapse then not at all.

I miss it so much in the offseason, I do my best to make the most of it when the seasons on!

CALkulon 01.11.2012 04:55 PM

Swore to myself I wasn't going to watch any more Chargers ball until they sorted things out, but I don't think I can help myself. As you say, got to make the most of the season whilst it's here! (Playing KC rather than good team helps too :D)

charGERS29 01.11.2012 08:06 PM

In case anyone forgot, the time difference is still 4 hours ahead of EST until Sunday. Game starts at 00:20 here.

Fingers crossed for a win.