NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Cardinals (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Why you choose the Cardinals???? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=69256)

cardinal wizard 09.09.2010 09:29 PM

Why you choose the Cardinals????

Hey guys

I saw this on a few other teams forums so I thought I would ask why you chose the cardinals.

I chose them because of my first game I watched was the superbowl and I loved how the cardinals had never won it. I then fell asleep during the game and when I found out the score I loved the cardinals but had a new hatred towards the steelers.

mrbyte11 09.09.2010 09:36 PM

Why Cards? - Followed the Cards since they came over here to play at Wembley in a pre season against the Vikes in 83??, Didn't like the Vikes Purple but loved the Cards red and the snazzy bird head logo (since improved)
fan for 27 years and counting :D

Welcome Wiz!!

AZ 09.09.2010 09:51 PM

Since school, maybe about 1983/84 when the NFL started to take off over here. I picked them because they play in red and white like Sunderland. Collected Panini stckers at the time and went all out for the Cards ones....ended up with about 12 Neil Lomax's. Been hooked on them ever since.

Bleed red!

AZ 09.09.2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbyte11 (Post 1179674)
Why Cards? - Followed the Cards since they came over here to play at Wembley in a pre season against the Vikes in 83??, Didn't like the Vikes Purple but loved the Cards red and the snazzy bird head logo (since improved)
fan for 27 years and counting :D

Welcome Wiz!!

Hey byte - i have the programme from that game, if you went to it you dont have one you are welcome it mate. Will mean more to you than me.

cardinals 94 09.09.2010 10:02 PM

Well the first game I watched was the start of the 2008 season and I followed them all the way to the superbowl. :D

From then on ive been hooked on every thing the cardinals do and hope to get my first cardinals jersey when the nfluk shop opens :)

Kaptain 09.09.2010 11:13 PM

I got introduced to the NFL just before the Wildcard game vs Greenbay in the last season. The Cards had won just over half of their games and I thought that a team like that would be fun to watch (if they win or lose all the time it's no fun but if the chance is a bout even, I can jump up and down and shout when they get a touchdown!). As silly as it may sound, the other reason for choosing them was that they wear crimson and it happens to be my favourite colour. I know that sounds pretty lame but it's not bad for someone about to go through their first season, right?

AZ 09.09.2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaptain (Post 1179851)
I got introduced to the NFL just before the Wildcard game vs Greenbay in the last season. The Cards had won just over half of their games and I thought that a team like that would be fun to watch (if they win or lose all the time it's no fun but if the chance is a bout even, I can jump up and down and shout when they get a touchdown!). As silly as it may sound, the other reason for choosing them was that they wear crimson and it happens to be my favourite colour. I know that sounds pretty lame but it's not bad for someone about to go through their first season, right?

good to have you on board Kaptain.

mrbyte11 10.09.2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ (Post 1179707)
Hey byte - i have the programme from that game, if you went to it you dont have one you are welcome it mate. Will mean more to you than me.

I didn't go to the game but I bought the 1st issue of Touchdown!! which featured it..long since lost that though

I would love the program though :)

justinhoines01 10.09.2010 09:50 AM

My friend bought Madden 94 for his sega megadrive and not knowing what the hell was going on on the field we soon decided Hail Mary's were the only way to go. So when I got round to buying the '03 version for my playstation I naturally decided to throw my weight behind the team with the two biggest weapons on the outside. I punted for the Cards with Q and Fitz and the rest as they say is history, I'm now a die-hard!!

UKcardinalsfan 10.09.2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhoines01 (Post 1180484)
My friend bought Madden 94 for his sega megadrive and not knowing what the hell was going on on the field we soon decided Hail Mary's were the only way to go. So when I got round to buying the '03 version for my playstation I naturally decided to throw my weight behind the team with the two biggest weapons on the outside. I punted for the Cards with Q and Fitz and the rest as they say is history, I'm now a die-hard!!

Close, I had Madden 94 for Megadrive and didn't know how to change the team, so I stuck with the Cards ever since.

We're getting more guys by the day on here. Great to have everyone on board!