NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mike & Mike Petition (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=44793)

jtbertie 06.08.2009 02:00 PM

Mike & Mike Petition

Now that ESPN are really starting to establish thereselves in the UK, just wondered if anyone agrees with me that they should show Mike & Mike live on ESPNA? I listen to the entire show everyday as an ESPN Insider and find it is the best place for intelligent discussion on all areas of American sports plus its damn funny at times!
As its an ESPN produced show then can't see any rights issues and it would be better than watching Nascar Live!!!
It would be on from 11am till 3pm and as most people have Sky+ or V+ it would be easy to record.
Might be a terrible idea but I'm looking for some support from you guys!

jtbertie 06.08.2009 02:11 PM

Or am I the only one who listens to this lol

Ensign 06.08.2009 02:15 PM

I listen to the podcasts, but it might get the attention of the BSA, as it's full of product placements, ie this Subway Segment.

scurry 06.08.2009 02:15 PM

Don't see the point - you can listen to it live and for free on ESPN Radio.

Maybe if ESPNA were struggling to fill their schedules, but I'd rather see them show more programmes like E60 etc.

Ensign 06.08.2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurry (Post 923480)
Don't see the point - you can listen to it live and for free on ESPN Radio.

Maybe if ESPNA were struggling to fill their schedules, but I'd rather see them show more programmes like E60 etc.

The ESPN radio is only an edited podcast, not the whole thing.

I saw the episode where they waxed Golics legs, well funny, said it hurt more than any NFL game he had been involved in.

W9 Bear (reregistered) 06.08.2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbertie (Post 923466)
Now that ESPN are really starting to establish thereselves in the UK, just wondered if anyone agrees with me that they should show Mike & Mike live on ESPNA? I listen to the entire show everyday as an ESPN Insider and find it is the best place for intelligent discussion on all areas of American sports plus its damn funny at times!
As its an ESPN produced show then can't see any rights issues and it would be better than watching Nascar Live!!!
It would be on from 11am till 3pm and as most people have Sky+ or V+ it would be easy to record.
Might be a terrible idea but I'm looking for some support from you guys!

Would many people really come home from work, sit down and watch a 3-hour radio show from that morning?

The show works on radio because you have it on in the background or hear the best bits on a podcast while on the bus, in the car etc.
But recording it to watch all evening, every evening? No thanks.

scurry 06.08.2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensign (Post 923483)
The ESPN radio is only an edited podcast, not the whole thing.

I saw the episode where they waxed Golics legs, well funny, said it hurt more than any NFL game he had been involved in.

Can you not still listen to the whole thing live on ESPN Radio? You used to be able to when I listened at work.

W9 Bear (reregistered) 06.08.2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurry (Post 923495)
Can you not still listen to the whole thing live on ESPN Radio? You used to be able to when I listened at work.

I think you can stream it live for free but you need an Insider subscription to listen on demand.

bearsfanuk 06.08.2009 02:31 PM

Yeah - I can listen to the whole thing live on ESPN radio via my internet radio

jtbertie 06.08.2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9 Bear (reregistered) (Post 923488)
Would many people really come home from work, sit down and watch a 3-hour radio show from that morning?

The show works on radio because you have it on in the background or hear the best bits on a podcast while on the bus, in the car etc.
But recording it to watch all evening, every evening? No thanks.

I always wath the show on ESPN2 when I am in the states and found that it genuinely adds to the show by being able to watch what is going on.

The leg waxing was hilarious but not as good as when Greeny had to milk the cow live in studio! Absolute genius!!!