NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bengals 5-1 going into the Bye? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=84453)

boomer07uk 14.09.2011 08:29 PM

Bengals 5-1 going into the Bye?

@Cleveland WIN

@ Denver
San Francisco
Buffalo
@ Jacksonville
Indianapolis

BYE

& then ...

@ Seattle
@Tennessee

DISCUSS :D

jackster608 14.09.2011 08:40 PM

If you look at it game by game, it seems possible. But if you look at the overall number, it seems too un-Bengal-ish.

However, we will only improve with so many young guys and we could definitely get to 3-3 or even 4-2 by the BYE week.

Bretts 14.09.2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackster608 (Post 1407460)
If you look at it game by game, it seems possible. But if you look at the overall number, it seems too un-Bengal-ish.

However, we will only improve with so many young guys and we could definitely get to 3-3 or even 4-2 by the BYE week.

Thats the crux right here. 1-5 more like:(

Lancashire Bengal 15.09.2011 10:33 AM

One game at a time.

I can see us beating Denver and the 49ers. I think we will use at Buffalo as we always do. Sneak past the Jags but contrive to lose at Indianapolis. (Who aren't in as much trouble as it is written imo)

So 4-2 at the bye although no game is a gimme. Denver is very much a toss-up especially away from home.

Bengalsman 15.09.2011 05:36 PM

Yeah come on. Good game last week but this IS the Bengals. They still have weaknesses, youth and inexperience being one of them. It's a new system still and I still think the Bengals LB corps is very shakey.

They will definately lose against the Bills. The Bills are the Bengals bogey team and although KC were ghastly last weekend - The Bills are very much improved.

49ers also have a fire under them from Jim Harbaugh and it will be very tough to beat them too. Forget about home field advantage. Indianapolis would have sorted a lot of stuff out by the time the Bengals come to them and Kerry Collins is a wiley vet who has played well in every system he's played in.

Jacksonville won last weekend. Luke Mc Cown may not be the answer but they look motivated and are capable.

So don't talk about 5-1 I'd be happy to just get one or two more wins in the next five games

boomer07uk 15.09.2011 05:52 PM

Woah!

I wasn't suggesting we would go 5-1, just setting up a little discussion based on the schedule.

Even if we did go 5-1 into the Bye the schedule post-Bye is horrible. We could go 5-11 even after a 5-0 start :D

go_browns! 15.09.2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretts (Post 1407481)
Thats the crux right here. 1-5 more like:(

Well done Bretts, know your place! :p

Bretts 15.09.2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_browns! (Post 1408080)
Well done Bretts, know your place! :p

Unlike you to cross the border:D

I'm in the real world mate, you need a dose of that over in yours:p

go_browns! 15.09.2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretts (Post 1408087)
Unlike you to cross the border:D

I'm in the real world mate, you need a dose of that over in yours:p

Yeah I feel a dose of cholera coming on through being over here, I'm back off to Cleveland....:D

boomer07uk 16.10.2011 09:58 PM

Well the 5-1 discussion was worth having :D

Very happy with how the Bengals are progressing, and with games against Seattle, Tenn, Cleveland, St.Louis and Zona left we might just be looking at 8 or 9 wins.

I wonder whether our recent good form against Baltimore will hold up with the change at QB.