NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Regent Street and Fan Rally
View Single Post
Old 19.04.2016, 09:59 AM
Team Captain

Hi there!

The Saturday events leading up to the games are not usually announced until much later in the year (sometimes only a few weeks before the game).

With the Colts v Jags game being the first of the 2016 games, the likelihood is that NFLUK will hold a 'Fan Rally' on Regent Street or in Trafalgar Square the day before the game. Have a look on the 'events' link on the website to see what those are about if you're unsure.

Some grumps on here may tell you it's not worth it, but from my experience they've been pretty fantastic - if you're lucky you can get an opportunity to see/meet some true NFL legends and current players as well as hang out and chat with thousands of other NFL fans. It definitely makes more of a weekend of it and builds up a lot of excitement for the game the next day.

Depending on where you're travelling from, I'd say you would need accommodation for the Saturday night at the least. The Saturday events usually start about 11am/12pm so there could be time to travel to London on Saturday. Again, this is just going by past years' events as nothing has been announced for this year.

Plus with the game being a 2.30pm kickoff, you could travel back that evening after the game as there is usually no 'official' event planned afterwards.

I'm assuming you and your friends are new to the NFL? Try to get as involved as possible in the weekend, it's a lot of fun and you should have a great time.