NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Club Wembley - a note of caution
View Single Post
Old 26.08.2018, 12:19 PM
Starter

Send a message via ICQ to DavidLF
Default Club Wembley - a note of caution

I was at Wembley yesterday for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final. I sat in Club Wembley as I have done before for the CC and for a long time with NFL games. Yesterday was the worst expereince to date and by some distance. Bear in mind it was a 55,000 crowd so not overwhelming! The number of areas that were closed was high - merchandise etc. The bars were massively understaffed and it took ages to get served. From half-time onwards a good number were running out of beer! Then to cap it, at full-time bars were closing and not serving those who planned to stay behind after for the usual 1 hour+ which is a significant benefit of CW to me, to let queues subside on Wembley Way. I think there was only 1 main bar partly open (The one on the way out near section 202 (?) I was in there and as well as taking ages to get served they ran out of a variety of beers. Finally, there used to be a lot of screens around to watch while you wait but I didn't see any yesterday.
So, CW seems to have taken a bit of a step away from what it originally promised to be, but obviously prices have stayed the same.
I thought it would be useful to share this experience if only to temper expectations for October.
I'll share this with CW but i suspect I'll get no response from them
Sponsored Links