NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Formula One thread (2013 season onwards)
View Single Post
Old 17.03.2013, 08:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Steeler View Post
Im not sure why Mclaren have changed the car so much, it was quick at the end of last season and capable of challenging for podiums and in Hamiltons hands possibly wins so why mess with it, i wonder if it has to do with Button and Perez no being at the same level as Hamilton and therefore looking to mould the car around being more stable but i dont know.

Perez performance was that impressive really he only qualified 15th and finished 11th and that was with Rosberg,Ricciardo,Hulkenburg all dropping out of the race of those that qualified above him he actually only finished above one person that out qualified him which was Vergne in the Toro Rosso and they showed they were only quick in the wet and much slower in the dry.

I agree with the turnaround making improvements difficult and i would also add in the Chinese GP as another one that makes any improvements or upgrades difficult.
They just have to consistently score points for now at least. Interesting point you raise about why the car has changed so much. It was good last season and probably capable of winning the drivers championship - it just had reliability issues - so maybe that came into their thinking. Im just hopeful it will get better At least Red Bull didn't win, it was nice to see someone else up at the top step. Kimi made the two stopper work when no one else could manage it. Moving on to Malaysia I wonder if we will get rain like we did last year