NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Four NFL London Games to be played in 2019
View Single Post
Old 31.10.2018, 08:02 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
We still have less than half the teams in the league who have given up a home game - and that's including the Cardinals from Mexico 2005. Most of those who haven't already clearly don't want to and won't unless forced. A lot of those are teams who will never host a Super Bowl (Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, Baltimore etc) unless there is a radical rethink on that. Once we get the Raiders, Rams and Chargers into their new homes in the next 2 years or so, there are no new stadiums on the horizon. Given only one team hosts the Super Bowl each year, that suggests we are going to have a real shortage of 'home' teams for IS games - certainly not enough for 4 per year or whatever. So they will either need to come up with some way to force teams into it or look to move onto the next stage of a franchise or let it decline.

I reckon the Panthers might have an obligation under the terms of the sale, at least once. The Bengals could probably be persuaded what with their poor attendances. There will always be the Jags. But it's not getting to 3-4 games per year plus 1 in Mexico.
Remember the NFL are only 1 year into the 10 year deal and given no games this year may reset to 10 years from 2019 to play 2 games a year at White Hart Lane.

Levy is an astute businessman so I am sure there will be massive penalties on the NFL if they don’t fulfill the 2 matches there a year, plus I am sure the Jags will continue wanting to play at Wembley. That makes minimum 3 matches a year they need to deliver in U.K. a year.