NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Visiting San Francisco!
View Single Post
Old 22.02.2017, 08:42 PM
MVP

Loved San Francisco when I visited, though not for football. We stayed in the Nob Hill / Russian Hill area of the city instead of the usual tourist places like Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square and I think it was absolutely the right decision: very pleasant areas to walk around at night whereas to be honest downtown is a bit creepy in the evenings. You should definitely visit the wharf but it is a little bit Blackpool as someone else said. Quite liked staying up on the hills as there were locals around in the evenings and it felt extremely safe, plus spectacular views too. We often walked to the tourist sites in the morning (downhill!) and then took an Uber back in the evenings. You have to experience how steep the hills are in San Francisco to believe it! Really enjoyed my visit there anyway, probably my favourite city I've visited in the USA. It has its downsides - the number of crazy and homeless people around was shocking - even for someone like me from a major city and who visits the USA a lot too. But there are spectacular views, no shortage of things to do, a nice vibe to the city, people from every walk of life, excellent food, especially seafood. Just remember as some others have said that the stadium is nowhere near San Francisco nowadays.