NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to Super Bowl 49, Phoenix
View Single Post
Old 18.07.2014, 12:21 AM
All Pro

Lightbulb Travelling to Super Bowl 49, Phoenix

Never been to a Super Bowl but I am at the very low end of the spenders I do NFL on a budget and back packed on my own doing Lions tours and staying in hostels etc.

So I can't advise on hotels but have done a Cardinals game - I stayed in a hostel in downtown Phoenix.... looked a scary neighbour hood from the bus at night but it wasn't. It was actually quite nice with like house bars - literally a house turned into a bar in a residential street all legal and licenced. Now I being alone and on a budget always shared a room but all hostels including this one had private rooms that couples rented... what it gave you is people to meet with use of the other facilities - you might not be interested in a laundry but as a back packer its great to have all stuff you need where ya staying. Also use of the kitchen so buy and cook ya own food.

However the Bar-B-Q they had on a Saturday night was good fun... any way as a Super Bowl is in town you can bet even a hostel will fill up but who knows if you get in first no one might of thought of this yet.

As for the game I had a mate fly in from else whether in the states but he don't rough it like me so I don't know where he had his hotel but he hired a car and so picked me up on game day and parked near the stadium in some private car park that charged like $10 - but both being several years ago and this being the Super Bowl add a zero to that possibly now.

Why not check hostel bookers and a few other sites now and see what availability there is and prices.

Good Luck.