NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Pre-season: Any not obvious predictions?
View Single Post
Old 31.07.2016, 08:40 PM
Pro

I genuinely believe we will be a lot closer to the playoffs this year and could well get in the playoffs. I think that last game in Minnesota could be a huge game in the season, maybe decide which one of those teams goes to the playoffs. I think we could win as many as 10 games next year. Last year we won 6 games, but I look at 6 of our losses and see that we only lost by small margins, less than a touchdown in a lot of those games. Yes, a few games we got blown out in like Seattle away, Arizona at home and Minnesota away, but for a lot of those games, the Bears performed a lot better than I was expecting them to. They looked a lot better than the team Trestman had the year before, even if they only managed 1 more W.

The thing I'm looking for most is for us to improve our division record. 1 win in the division last year was poor. We have struggled to win in the division the last few years really. That needs to change in 2016. I hope we can sweep Detroit this year and take at least 1 win off of Green Bay and Minnesota. To have any chance we need to get more wins in the division.

Personally I think we'll get off to a good start and gather momentum from there. I like the way this team is headed and the arrow is definitely pointing up for the Bears. The defense has some exciting additions, so hopefully they will be a lot tougher this year, teams need to be scared of the Bears defense again. That's what Chicago Bears football is all about.

Offensively it will be very tough to replace Forte. Langford performed well when we saw him last year and a lot of people believe that Jordan Howard was an absolute steal in the 5th round. A healthy Kevin White will make a big difference this year as well. To have him back, it's almost like having two first round picks this year as he didn't play at all last season. Him and Alshon stay healthy and the Bears have two genuine aerial threats for Cutler to throw to.

I'm optimistic heading into 2016 and think Fox and Pace will step this rebuild up a gear this year. We'll be closer than people think to the playoffs and I think there's a genuine reason to be optimistic. As for the writers, I'm glad they think the Packers and Vikings will be too strong for us. There's no denying they're two strong teams, but the Bears are closer than people think. Obviously things can happen throughout the season such as injuries to key players, but if the key guys stay healthy, I can see us winning 10 games and potentially making the playoffs.