NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Why do you support the Texans
View Single Post
Old 13.04.2011, 11:12 AM
Rookie

Personally, I was an Oilers fan. My first ever visit to America was in 1988 to Houston and I figured that was as good a reason as any to choose a team. When they left town, i was left with no-one & my interest lessened until Houston got a new team, so I've been a Texan from the start.
I've been to 2 games - Colts in 2008 when Sage Rosenfels had a bad day at the office & the Monday night game v the Ravens last season. Meeting the cheerleaders after the game on Budweiser Plaza is a bonus!
The stadium is awesome and easy to get to from downtown on the metro. The tailgating is superb and the different groups make you feel so welcome - you won't go hungry or thirsty! People carry on tailgating afterwards too which helps lessen the congestion.
Houston is a brilliant city (I've been all over the States), there is so much to see & do. The gulf coast is only 40 minutes away, there are museums of all sorts from fine art to printing to a funeral museum. The zoo is excellent. There are professional sports (depending when you go) in baseball, basketball & soccer. The shopping is really good and the choice of restaurants is never ending. You would need a car though cuz the city is so spread out.
Good luck in choosing your team