NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Week 3 QB
Thread: Week 3 QB
View Single Post
Old 26.09.2015, 06:16 PM
Hall of Fame

I totally get the clamour for Johnny to start and if we had gone with him I would have no issue

Where I do disagree with Browns fans who want Johnny to play the whole season just to have a look at what we have is it appears to be tanking the season and do we really need a whole year to evaluate him and also as well will playing only 10 games instead of 16 for example really be that big a difference

I'm not knocking any fan for wanting JF but I can't get my head around this notion that it appears we are saying we aren't sure so let's see and if we lose 14 games then so be it etc

I'm no QB expert and certainly no more an expert than any other fan but for me I want to see can he play well and can he do the basics like every top 16 to 20 QB in the league who are either very good/elite or they are capable game managers etc

Now I'm of the opinion that JF has shown in last 7 quarters that he is capable of this and capable of improving but I honestly don't think that even with a full season he would be any better than what a Bridgewater or a Bortkes or Carr are presently etc so for me I say let's see how far we get and then if Josh crashes as expected then let's hand the keys to Johnny