NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Your team's Hall of Famer
View Single Post
Old 20.07.2017, 05:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
You can be a great team in the era with a lot of very good but not great players. And I think both the Seahawks and Steelers have plenty of the "very good".

For me, neither Casey Hampton nor James Harrison belong in the HoF. Hampton did not impact the game enough and was a two down player. No matter how goo at that role he was. And Harrison is a tricky one. I love him as a player, but he's never really been among the best in the NFL.

For the Seahawks, I don't think they've been as dominant for as long as we expected. Sherman is nowhere near the HoF and seems to have peaked. Chancellor isn't close. He's was amazing last year, but has had lots of rough patches. Wagner is a very good LB, but not close. Mike Bennett is outstanding, but the numbers and profile aren't really there.

The will be one. Earl Thomas. He'll go in. No doubt. I think he's been a bit over-rated at times. But they ask him to do an awful lot. He needs a few more good seasons, if he can be a 5 time first-team All Pro (so one more) and with another rig, he'd be a lock.
I can't help but wonder that if either team had a little less talent then we might be higher on certain individuals.

What got me thinking about this is comparing the late 2000s Ravens with the late 2000s Steelers. The Ravens core of Ngata, Suggs, Lewis and Reed are all heavily admired and will all be HOF candidates (with easier and harder paths into it). However there roster around them is relatively shallow of HOVG compared to the Steelers.

Perhaps if there were less HOVG players around, those who could excel would have had more chance and our perspectives would be different.