NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - The future of London games
View Single Post
Old 21.02.2019, 04:25 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchave View Post
An interesting concept, and putting aside the logistics of league parity, scheduling and the CBA, I thought I'd have a play and see what 'Rivalry Week' might actually look like in the NFL.

Some games are obvious choice, for example NYG/NYJ, and HOU/DAL, however once you get past the first few it becomes a little more tricky.

A lot of established rivalrys are already maintained by the divisions, (Bears/Packers, Falcons/Saints, Chiefs/Raiders The AFC North/Steelers being obvious examples). However I wanted to avoid divisional games in rivalry week, so I went for an all AFC v NFC slate of games.

Some of these games aren't traditionally considered any sort of rivalry, and is made more tricky by the fact everyone hates the Patriots and the Cowboys, but those feelings aren't always reciprocated.

To keep things simple, I based these new rivalry's purely on geography. Some make more sense than others, and I expect a lot of discussion, but for now, ladies and gentlemen, I present... Rivalry Week.

NYJ v NYG
HOU v DAL
LAC v LAR
OAK v SF
MIA v TB
NE v PHI
BAL v WAS
TEN v NO
PIT v GB
BUF v DET
JAX v ATL
CLE v CHI
CIN v CAR
DEN v SEA
KC v ARI
IND v MIN
Raiders and 49ers had to stop playing preseason games due to violence between fans so I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Not that it will matter after the move to Vegas though, where the Raiders best rivalry game will probably be against the Cardinals.