NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Break the bank for Dez?
View Single Post
Old 16.11.2014, 05:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrik2002 View Post
If they let Dez go they would be stupid as he attracts so much attention and he is a part of the Cowboy branding already. He could be another Michael Irvin in years to come and look what he has done for the Cowboys along with Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith.

Murry is such a down to earth player that just wants to play football at the moment but he will want paying a big sum with the success he is bringing to the team at the end off the season (i.e. the Superbowl).

If these players don't get good contracts then there will be teams bending over backwards to have them in their team.
Did I read that right? The Cowboys are going to the Superbowl?

I don't think teams will be tripping over themselves to sign Murray to mega money, especially coming off a near 400 carry season. Don't get me wrong, he'll get a 'good' contract, either in Dallas or elsewhere, but all those carries, his fumble issues, and his lack of break away speed will keep the cost down. Plus, the draft has several good RB's this year it seems.

Dez won't go anywhere. He'll get tagged if they don't sort a contract. I get the feeling Dez won't be too happy about being tagged, so it could get 'interesting' to say the least.