NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread
View Single Post
Old 31.05.2008, 03:06 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread

[quote author=papabear link=board=1;threadid=5453;start=1770#msg902647 date=1212245011]
at the risk of being on the end of a barrage of replies, i,m gonna make comment on olig23s post re grossman and co.

i honestly think that rex aint all bad, one thing he needs badly is protection in the pocket, if he got that and the time other QBs get then i don,t feel he would make stupid mistakes, think about it for a moment, you are on the line and you don,t have confidance in the guys around you, you are gonna want to get the ball and get the hell outta there FAST, this is why he fumbles the snap sometimes, i think. (discuss)?

also you made comment that brady was cool under pressure, i disagree. one major fact on this one is SB XXII. Giants D gave him hell that day and he......well i wont say choked but not far from it, as his confidace in the guys around him fell BIG TIME. he was getting it from all over the place because the Giants D just seemed to take route one, straight at him, they didn,t give him the time he had gotten used to, he had to think and act a lot faster than usual and failed.

hope this makes sense and look forward to any come back
[/quote]

I think that during the SB Brady showed what a QB he really was, it doesn't matter whether he lost the game, but he had very little pass protection and was constantly getting battered and yet he still put in a great performance IMO.

Brady didn't choke at all, the Giants D just stepped up BIG TIME.

Atleast, that's how I see it.

Saying he choked takes away from what the Giants did, I believe.