NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - The new season and stuff
View Single Post
Old 10.09.2018, 05:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqertrfc View Post
Thought the Defence definitely looked a lot better last night, especially at the front. How much that was down to the Texans OL being poor and how much was down to us being much improved I'm not sure, but thought we looked really good.

Cornerbacks covered really well last night as well, which reminded me a little of our Superbowl season with Browner and Revis. Again, I'm not sure that they were tested massively last night, but what they had to do, they did really well.

If we can cover like that all season, it will definitely give us a bit more time to try and get to the QB :-)

On the Offence I thought we looked so so. Dorsett looked impressive but Hogan seemed non existent, and Gronk is just Gronk :-)
Will be interesting to see how we do against the Jags next week, because last night we seemed a lot more run focused than in previous years, but I'm not sure we'll have any success with the run against the Jags.

Today I feel much more optimistic about the season ahead :-)
with Hogan I think he will have better game's against teams without the great pass rushers the Texans have,he needs play action to get open and sure yesterdays game plan was to get the ball out of Brady's hands as early as possible.

only saw about 5% of the game as NFL gamepass was garbage yesterday so only got the odd play then delayed Romo/Nantz so not sure how things really looked apart from the score line.