NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Thread
Thread: Tennis Thread
View Single Post
Old 30.01.2009, 06:14 PM
All Pro

It was quiet possibly the best game of tennis i have ever seen (and that does include the fed v nadal wimbledon final from last year). Verdasco played brilliantly and i thought he might be able to pull it off, but it just wasnt to be. I did laugh at how everyone said that murray would easily beat verdasco in the fourth round, the folk who claimed that needed to watch more tennis as then they would of see verdasco has been playing really well recently (i still thought murray would win it but expected verdasco to win at least a set and push him hard in the others).

For the finals i cant see past serena and federer. I hope safina wins it tho as the williams sisters annoy me. Federer has looked awesome in his last couple of games and after nadal being on court for 5 hours 14 minutes (and federer having an extra rest day) i cant see nadal being able to stay with him.

I do hate how federer has had an extra days rest, they need to sort out the schedule so that both semi's are played on the same day like at wimbledon as an extra days rest does give a player an advantage, and since its a final of one of the four biggest tournaments of the year you need it to be as even as possible.