NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - New To College Football
View Single Post
Old 09.11.2015, 03:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
As you're a Steelers fan, you may want to have a passing interest in Iowa, if only for the fact that they model their uniforms after the Steelers!

Ah really, thats interesting. I actually have family in Iowa and years ago went to Des Moines to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northumberland Knight View Post
Well as native of Middlesbrough, I'm even less of a glory hunter!!! Started following UCF as they were one of the teams played in Dublin last year, I knew there was 25,000 Penn State fans coming and only around 5,000 from Orlando, so as a Boro fan, I had to go with the underdog!

There is bizarrely a Boro connection with Louisville too. They caught my eye a few seasons ago with Teddy Bridgewater was their QB. I did a bit of research on the city and discovered that they have a bridge over there which is like a mini replica of Middlesbrough's Newport bridge, so the deal was done!
Ah,I feel your pain ! I do like the idea of having some sort of connection with the team you support as clearly you have. Thats how I sort of picked Steelers as NFL team. Apart from Notre Dame there isnt any connection with the other teams but I'll just enjoy watching the games and learning the game & about the teams as I go.