NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - European League discussion (La Liga, Ligue 1 etc)
View Single Post
Old 08.07.2010, 08:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
I think McClaren is very good manager tbh. He was shcking for England but at club level he has a brilliant record. I think he'll do a good job with Wolfsburg.

As for Stuttgart I think it really depends on what happens between now and the start of the season. There is a lot of interest in Khedira and Tasci and if those two go I cannot see them challenging. They have three go forwards in Marica, Pogrebnyak and Cacau.

Marica is one of those players who I have been waiting to break out of his shell. I have friend who is a complete football nut, he's a pundit on Canadian TV but is from France and he watches more football than anyone I know. One of his personal favourites is Shakhtar and when Marica played there I recall him saying he thought he would be one of the better players in Europe, he finally showed something last season with I think 9 or 10 league goals and I don't think he started every game. I do have faith in this guy's judgement since I always remember a few players he tipped from eastern Europe who would be stars, and this was a long time ago now. They were Eduardo, Modric, Arshavin and Vidic! Not too shabby.
I think Macca can do a good job Olig but i think he may buckle under the expectations. i certainly think he can make Champions league but he is going to find Bayern a lot harder to overhaul than Ajax.

It would be good to see Khedira staying but im afraid money may talk. Tasci is someone im looking to see more of and if they do lose Kehdira then they should be able to keep him