NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Planning Tips for a Lambeau Visit in 2017
View Single Post
Old 21.10.2016, 10:10 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucibleofWords View Post
Hi all,

My wife and I would love to head over and see the Packers play at home, but as my wife works in a school I have some problems to iron out.

We'd love to spend more time in the States beyond a day either side of the game, and so we need to plan around the holidays. Given that the season starts in September, the October half term looks most likely. How far in advance can we know that the Packers are playing at home on a particular weekend (or Thursday) so that we can plan a trip over?

I imagine going later is a little dicey, as it relies on them getting to the post-season, which isn't always guaranteed.

Also, any tips for booking flights/hotels, and other sights around Wisconsin to see while we're there would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat, my wife is a teacher so it's tough for us both to get out there.

The season schedule is released in April, there are no definitive dates but it's usually around the 3rd week.

Packersfantours can arrange game ticket and a hotel within walking distance if Lambeau, if you haven't been before this is worth a look at, if you want to book a hotel yourself you'll be staying farther out as packersfantours book all close hotels for their packages.

Booking hotel yourself and getting a ticket from NFL ticket exchange is the cheaper option if you wait until a few days before the game to buy your e-ticket and use local taxis or Uber to get to the stadium area.

If you want to go to Lambeau your going to have to hope the Packers are at home either Sunday, Monday or Thursday night of the half term week in October. There also the opportunity of going to Green Bay for new year if they have a home game on the 31/12/17 as the school holidays will be until 8/1/18.

For the Scots they are a little luckier, the kids get 2 weeks in October which gives more scope.

Given the choice I'd go for the October game, in '07 me and my wife had the last game of the season booked, turned out to be a little of a let down as Favre played just a half of his 3rd last game as a Packer, by last game of the season your chancing it being a meaningless game.

If you need anymore info give me a shout, been a few times over the years and I'm also planning on going to Lambeau next season so I might catch you for a beer!