NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Draft
Thread: 2018 Draft
View Single Post
Old 27.12.2017, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Still some wiggle room on the draft order, but obviously the 'higher' the pick the better. Think they could end up 17, 18 or 19. Quite a few teams could end up at 8-8 or 9-7, but several of those beat the Cowboys this year anyway.

The 2nd round is the Cowboys TE domain, they've taken 3 there since drafting Witten in 2003 (and 5 more in the latter rounds). I fancy there is a good chance they take one there this year too - several, Andrews amongst them were given that kind of grade before the season - because no one has a clue what's going on with Rico Gathers.

Seems like there are 4 or 5 WR's being talked about in that 17 - 50 range, but as you say nothing 'spectacular' (yet). Whether it's a TE or a WR they need to add something more dynamic to their passing game.

Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame has been talked about as a top 5 pick potentially, certainly a top 10 choice for a team playing it 'safe'. It would be awesome if the Cowboys added another ND player in the trenches, but I don't think he'll reach the Cowboys.

Unless we're not being told something the Cowboys aren't taking an OT in the top 100., nor a Center.

LB seems a popular pick, especially Roquan Smith (Georgia), but it seems a 'luxury' pick dependent on Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee's health. Is a rookie LB going to come in and make such a huge difference year 1? I know Reuben Foster has been tearing it up for the 49ers, but Sean Lee is the key to this LB corps regardless.

I'd be more than happy if they picked Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan if he fell that far, but I think he's going to be gone by then. The Cowboys need an interior wrecking ball in their rotation despite David Irving's presence. An Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins type!

DT, WR, TE, DE, LB, S, OL - I could understand those picks at any stage of the draft.