NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Draft 2016
Thread: Draft 2016
View Single Post
Old 21.01.2016, 06:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Sheldon Rankins is being banded about, and he would be a fit for our d line but he will probably go first round
Rankins, Kenny Clark out of UCLA, Andrew Billings (Baylor), Reed and Robinson (Alabama), Austin Johnson (Penn State), Sheldon Day (ND) and there are several more. The class is deep with names at the moment.

I noticed Rankins earlier in the season during a Louisville game, mainly because he looked the part. I watched a little of him earlier today, and he's solid. He's stout against the run, but can flash the ability to disrupt plays. I wouldn't say he 'wowed' me in the game I watched earlier (FSU I think), but he certainly is one to watch.

Robert Nkemdiche looks the most explosive of DT's I've watched, but obviously he's more of a 3 Tech and Tyrone Crawford is there at the moment. Kenny Clark is talked about as a NT, but from what I've watched he's a 1 gap guy and more towards a 3 tech for me. Billings looks a powerful player, a little top heavy perhaps, but has a quick step. The 'Bama duo are good players too, especially against the run (although that's what the scheme expects).

Austin Johnson is another name on the rise, I watched a bit of him against Ohio state earlier too. Bigger bodied guy, more of a typical NT. Seems to have a bit of height so his arm length probably allows him to 2 gap. Reminded me a little of DaQuan Jones, another Penn State DT from the 2014 Draft. Jones went in the 4th round.

I don't think the value is there at no.4, especially with how the roster is set up at the moment. In this scheme you'd consider Nkemdiche at no.4. Not saying you'd take him, but his play making ability would bring more value. At no.35, that's the spot to see what is left on the board and decide whether or not one of these guys will be an upgrade at the 1 Tech.