NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - AFC Championship. Patriots @ Chiefs.
View Single Post
Old 22.01.2019, 09:11 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
I really don’t have a problem with the OT rules. Score a TD and you deserve to win though if they did change it so that both teams must have a possession I wouldn’t disagree either. It’s a big improvement from the days when a FG won the game, now that the standard of kicking is vastly better than 30-40 years ago.

What I don’t want to see is the college OT rules when a 31-31 tie could end up with a farcical 68-65 score.
The college overtime rules are better in my opinion. Or at least the spirit of them is better; they just need some tweaking. The reason you get those crazy quadruple overtime scores in college is that you start with the ball on your opponent's 25-yard line. Just don't give the offense the ball that far up the field, I say. Start at midfield, or your own 40 yard line, and have each team match the other possession-for-possession or it is over. You could even make it mandatory to go for 2 points after a TD for added tension. If you give defenses half a field or more, you are not going to get 8 touchdown series in a row in the NFL even if defenses are tired.

But this concept of going to OT and one team not even seeing the ball has to go.