NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Happy with Hardy?
View Single Post
Old 20.03.2015, 05:33 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
He was charged, but then wanted to challenge it in a court hearing. He has every right to, but I think we are all being naïve if we believe some sort of 'out of court settlement' wasn't involved in the accuser disappearing off the face of the earth.

I think some fans (not aimed at you) are taking the fact he wasn't punished by the law as some sort of excuse to brush what happened under the carpet and roll on towards the Superbowl oblivious to his actions.

For me, I can't do that. It could be seen as contradictory as other players have had criminal issues in the past. My defence is I can only oppose signings, once they are with us I have to live with it, I don't have to like it, just accept it for what it is.

I think my bigger issue is with all sports. The sliding scale of talent vs crime is way out of wack. It's a sad fact of life, Greg Hardy can earn $13m a year after an 'assault'. If it was a run of the mill veteran, he'd be on the street and probably find his career in
taters.

I would be in that camp of brushing it under the carpet as to me sports is following the shirt and team. Individuals come and go but the team stays (well not all the time in American sports) so its all about the winning for me.
I get your point about if it was a veteran they would be finished but the business side dictates that if the cowboys win a superbowl and pay him the 13mill and get some bad PR then its probably a small price to pay.

Last edited by PMurphy81; 20.03.2015 at 05:47 PM.