NFL UK Forums - View Single Post - Formula One thread (2013 season onwards)
View Single Post
Old 17.03.2013, 05:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Steeler View Post
I think Mclaren messed up Perez on his qualifying by sending him out on dry tires before anyone else other wise he could of had a handle of points. Disappointing overall by Mclaren to just pick up 2 points from the first race but hopefully it gets better from here on.

Great to see Kimi win a race again and hopefully the car can be consistently quick this season to give him a chance of more wins although Grosjean was very quiet throughout the race so clearly he didnt feel comfortable with the setup of the car.

Amazed that we didnt see a first corner pile up like we normally do but it did make for a very clean race and as it has been pointed out that there was a lot of hard but fair and clean racing going on between the drivers which was nice to see.
Yeah I agree it was a mistake to send Perez onto the slicks, and then change for another pair - apparently because he thought he had a puncture. Button realized it wasn't working and changed it, but having said that Perez finished 11th and was only 500ths of a second off a point - which given McLaren's current predicament would have been an excellent result to have both drivers in the points.

The circuit in Sepang throws up yet more questions in a more humid environment on what is a purpose built track. McLaren aren't looking too good but hopefully its like Ferrari in 2012 - off the pace etc but able to consistently pick up points and stay in contention. Hopefully by the time they work out the car and make the changes to make it more competitive they can start competing up the top like Alonso did last year towards the middle of the season.

Who knows, but my guess is McLaren are not where they would like to be until at least race 3 or 4 at the earliest, because as Button put it, its a short turnaround before they fly out to Malaysia and therefore its just analysis of data as opposed to any changes. They will get a good chance to look at the set-up etc in the two week break after the second race.