Official European NFL online store to launch this week! - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 02.09.2012, 11:40 AM
Pro Bowler

It is interesting that I have been offered $4.99 shipping on the US Site and the "conversion" price works out cheaper, then as soon as I put my address in the shipping costs went up to $40 and the UK store became cheaper.

As the range expands it's also free delivery on orders over £100.
Old 02.09.2012, 11:44 AM
Pro Bowler

And are they going to put those amazing Gloves in the store ?!
Old 02.09.2012, 12:49 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich316 View Post
There was a link on the NFL shop website this morning...when I clicked on it it brought me back to where I was....now the link isn't anywhere to be seen. Maybe they are having teething issues...Maybe it'll be up & running by tomorrow
The original link in the original post is incorrect, you need to click through via the ad on the NFLUK homepage
Old 02.09.2012, 07:52 PM
All Pro

A ( soon to be traded ) Colt McCoy jersey , thats it ????
Old 03.09.2012, 02:15 PM
Pro

Anyone got the contact details of the marketing bod in charge of the store? I think we need to have a chat... Specifically:
1. Start with what we see players wearing (specially tops and hats) and expand stock from there.
2. Stop showing items that I can't buy in the store, like the gloves. Reminding me what I want but can't get is annoying.
3. Give us a reasonable choice of player jerseys. The details are screen printed, not painstakingly woven by endangered silk worm, so it can't be that difficult. Even charge a small fee to cover personalisation if you have to.
4. Make sure the 'official' online store is actually better than the other 'unofficial' alternatives. If it's not, go away and don't come back until it is.
5. Give all teams a decent starting selection. Nothing says 'your teams sucks' quite like the shirt, mug, hat combo in the online store.

I get the whole start small and build stock as demand increases, but if you don't start with the right basic stock, yo're not going to increase demand; as the feedback here suggests.

In the simplest terms - more tops, less helmets. Got it?
Old 03.09.2012, 09:05 PM
Pro Bowler

^^^^^

Goes for me as well. Can we add the Road shirts to that as well. As much as I like the Saints, the black shirt is a bit too warm for the rare days of sunshine, would prefer the white one.
Old 04.09.2012, 09:17 AM
Starter

Any Eagles jersey you like (as long as its Vick or Jackson).
No TV deal, grim merchandise.
What a start to the season :/
Old 19.09.2012, 12:28 PM
Rookie

Got to agree with Jim on this. Give all teams either 3 player names to choose from or a personalise option. Stock home and road jerseys for all teams. Get rid of the helmets. Have 1 or 2 each of t shirt, hoodie and cap per team. That's a decent base and still pretty meagre and easily expandable.

The jersey price point of £70 is also a bit steep. Competing with football shirts at around £40 it's not going to be easy for the NFL to really get a foothold in this marketplace.

(And as for the Titans only having the Hasselbeck jersey when he's not even the starting QB is a bit of a joke. Johnson is the obvious choice, or why not wait until the coach decided on Locker or Hasselbeck in at QB1 and go from there...)
Old 25.09.2012, 12:45 PM
Pro

GNOMES! They've put frikkin GNOMES in the store ahead of more shirts, t-shirts, hats - you know USEFUL stuff that people might actually want to buy.

This new 'official' store is starting to get quite funny now, but only because there are much better alternatives out there.
Old 25.09.2012, 02:01 PM
GOAT

Jim - you have summed up exactly what we are all thinking perfectly - this store built up with such promise is a total let down and shops like fansedge will be getting by business over this store.