Ideas to improve Atmosphere for home team - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 29.10.2012, 03:20 PM
Pro

Thumbs up Ideas to improve Atmosphere for home team

Ive been trying to think of ideas on how we can improve the support for the home team or atleast make it a less friendly to the away team.

with the Jags giving up a home games over the next few years i think we should make it more Jags friendly. I agree with the one off teams to have equal exposure like its been.

> could there be a way to be able to get fans who support the home team to sit nearer each other ie a block in each price range so the home fans can group together and get some noise going, it may just get the neurals to join in!

(noticed a group of pats fans in level 1 rams sideline in the corner i could here them in level 5 on opp side and there was not masses of them)

> Wembley and surrounds to have no away team posters or field logos? ie the jags logo in both end zone and midfield.

> as the starting offence comes as individuals could it be possible to have them introduce themselves on the big screen inc number position etc to get the crowd going obviously a pre recorded thing.

i think a few changes might help the all round atmosphere but its mainly down to us fans to create noise.

any other ideas or comments on my ideas?
Old 29.10.2012, 03:24 PM
Pro Bowler

One thing that I noticed at yesterday's game AND others! is that the "Home" defence (on the field) OR the bench where not asking the crowd for help.

The ONLY time I have seen ANY team ask for help was the Giants in Game 1- and yes everyone joined in !

So someone needs to tell the defence- to ASK for the crowd to join in- same as the home QB- he needs to ask for quiet !

ALL the fans are there to enjoy the game- but No-One was including them
Old 29.10.2012, 03:31 PM
Rookie

not having been to Int series for a few years i went yesterday. i was part of the big UK Patriots section and we had a great time. however it didnt seem like the rest of the stadium knew how to get into the game. it was a lot quieter than 2009 game. i know it was a blow out but why was is so quiet?

myself if i was not a fan of either i would not make a noise for a first down or a 3rd down on def.

maybe it was just me but felt they need to get the crowd going
Old 29.10.2012, 03:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins1982 View Post
(noticed a group of pats fans in level 1 rams sideline in the corner i could here them in level 5 on opp side and there was not masses of them)
Yeah buddy

I hate the idea of grouping fans together. The Is is so great because of the banter and the way everyone roots for different teams.
The issue is that 1/2 or more of the stadium (less and less each year though) seems to not know the game, and wants to cheer for the offence, and are silent on D. My voice is sore today from shouting when we were on D, especially on 3rd down, and those around me are surely feeling the same, but we got funny looks from fans around us for it. The "Get loud" things on the electronic boards were largely ignored by neutrals.
Old 29.10.2012, 03:36 PM
Banned

With fans of 32 different teams who in all reality don't care too much who wins or loses unless it affects the outcome of their division...... You're never going to get a buzzing atmosphere like you do when you have just 2 sets of fans.
Old 29.10.2012, 03:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Ive been trying to think of ideas on how we can improve the support for the home team or atleast make it a less friendly to the away team.

with the Jags giving up a home games over the next few years i think we should make it more Jags friendly. I agree with the one off teams to have equal exposure like its been.

> could there be a way to be able to get fans who support the home team to sit nearer each other ie a block in each price range so the home fans can group together and get some noise going, it may just get the neurals to join in!

> Wembley and surrounds to have no away team posters or field logos? ie the jags logo in both end zone and midfield.

> as the starting offence comes as individuals could it be possible to have them introduce themselves on the big screen inc number position etc to get the crowd going obviously a pre recorded thing.

i think a few changes might help the all round atmosphere but its mainly down to us fans to create noise.

any other ideas or comments on my ideas?
i was part of that pats fans section glad you could hear us

i thought the rams did a bad job at the ralley not urging the neutrals to support them etc.

also you would never see a pats logo in away stadium endzone. the NFLUK need to do a better job to try and replact a home game
Old 29.10.2012, 03:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

wondered why it hurts to speak this morning
Old 29.10.2012, 03:48 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFairhead View Post
With fans of 32 different teams who in all reality don't care too much who wins or loses unless it affects the outcome of their division...... You're never going to get a buzzing atmosphere like you do when you have just 2 sets of fans.
if the game was allot closer I think we would have had a great atmosphere - the signs were there in the first few minutes...
Old 29.10.2012, 03:52 PM
Team Captain

Part of it seems to be the Rams fault as well

In previous teams the home team would have the make some noise signs etc but there was hardly any for the Rams, The Bucs did a good job of replicating a home game with all the cannons etc, the Rams just didn't seem to be that focused as being the home team

Even when the Dolphins were home we had the .. Thats another Miami Dolphins... 1st down which you would get in Miami at a real home game and the song when we scored a TD was as it would be as if in Miami

Now I can't say I watch many Rams games so maybe they don't have any little things like that they do when they get a 1st down, at least the Jags have a roaring Jaguar when they get a 1st down so next year they should replicate that.
Old 29.10.2012, 03:59 PM
Pro

i do think the rams could of been better at trying to get support, perhaps their performance showed us how much they did not want to be there !

i agree with you that mixing fans is great banter and it does make it special that everyone can get on and enjoy the game, i dont think it should be only that set of fans in that block but may give fans a centralised point to maybe choose there seats near fans knowing it might be a bit more noiser! im sure their are people who were there yesterday wanted to join in but knew people around them would not bother!

do you think we should have a band every year? i think youll never get a band that most people would know or get loud for. perhaps a big brass band or big dance performance be better something that can interact with the crowd more!