New York Jets Thread - Page 812 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 10.01.2019, 02:28 AM
Pro Bowler

The Jets have hired Adam Gase as their new HC. He was near the bottom of my list initially, but the more I’ve thought about it, the better I’ve felt about the prospect. Made the Playoffs in his first season, and has been without his starting QB for 21 out of 32 games since, as well as working under a couple of morons and never having a particularly strong roster.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.01.2019, 08:37 PM
Pro Bowler

50 years ago today that we shocked the world...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJgqCfPWfs
Old 18.01.2019, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Early days, but already looking ahead to the Draft. As it stands, and providing we don’t trade down too far (if at all), I see our pick being one of these:

OT Jonah Williams
DT Quinnen Williams
DT Ed Oliver
EDGE Josh Allen
EDGE Clelin Ferrell
EDGE Jachai Polite
CB Greedy Williams

Obviously, for a team in dire need of Offensive help, it’s a tad concerning that Jonah Williams looks to be the only non-QB regarded as a top 10 pick (and he’s no shoo-in).
Old 23.02.2019, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

So, we’re fast closing in on the start of Free Agency (less than 3 weeks) and we’ve once again got a huge stack of $$$ to play with. The two biggest names set to move on are Pittsburgh’s Le’Veon Bell, both of whom are probably top 3 in the league at positions that we desperately need to upgrade.

However, both Bell and Brown are quite clearly douchebags who have the potential to seriously disrupt the locker room, so would you want us to take the risk on one or both of them, considering our recent history of behind the scenes drama?

Personally, much as I dislike both Bell and Brown as people, I’d love to add at least one of them (preferably Bell if it’s one or the other). I’ve spent the majority of my 30+ years as a fan hoping that our FO would strike gold in the Draft, or that our (mostly either moderate or bargain basement) Free Agency signings would come good, only to inevitably end up disappointed. If we have the opportunity to pick up one (or two) of the league’s top players, I’m all for it...
Old 12.03.2019, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

An eventful start to Free Agency for us!

Barr and Mosley should significantly improve our front 7, wouldn’t be surprised to see us trade Darron Lee in the next few days now. Unfortunate, as he made some strides last season and is our best coverage LB, but the writing’s on the wall.

Love the Osemele trade. Didn’t really give anything up, and we get someone who should be a considerable upgrade over what we have at Guard. Jamison Crowder was my top option out of the slot WRs so I’m happy to get him, even if we maybe did overpay. Josh Bellamy was also signed, but I don’t see him contributing much Offensively.

Not sure how much cap room we have left, but hoping we can get at least one of Bell and Paradis...
Old 12.03.2019, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

It appears Anthony Barr is a worthless piece of crap, who waited until two of the top remaining pass rushers were off the market before deciding he actually wants to stay in Minnesota...
Old 13.03.2019, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Obviously there’s risk attached, since Bell hasn’t played a game since January last year, but last night was a very good night to be a Jets fan! Seeing the meltdown from Giants fans this morning just makes it all the sweeter...

Last edited by wayne ellis; 13.03.2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 13.03.2019, 11:35 AM
MVP

From other thread but with stuff added

Not fussed Barr did a U turn at all.

Bell can’t be seen as a terrible signing always risk involved with any signing but was cheaper than expected. Addressed a couple of other needs with some solid and interesting pick ups. So far so not bad. Also I have bell Michigan jersey so that’s worked out lovely. Big fan of his and will clearly be a perfect fit with darnold. Also got thing Crowder greatly improves our WR group. Looking at stats that if he had of been targeted more (which he should have been) his stats would have been even more impressive and with darnold I’d assume he would be the safe go to guy??? Short gains.

OBJ... Giants have been mugged off but their locker room tranquility will take them all the way to rings no doubt

He want to win and wants to see the desire to win and get better all round him.

Good luck with that in Cleveland.

Big fan of steelers and what they did with Shazier - pure class.
I suspect in this age of social media more and more we will see organisations do the right thing but still classly from them. Should be given more praise than it is.
Old 13.03.2019, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
From other thread but with stuff added

Not fussed Barr did a U turn at all.

Bell can’t be seen as a terrible signing always risk involved with any signing but was cheaper than expected. Addressed a couple of other needs with some solid and interesting pick ups. So far so not bad. Also I have bell Michigan jersey so that’s worked out lovely. Big fan of his and will clearly be a perfect fit with darnold. Also got thing Crowder greatly improves our WR group. Looking at stats that if he had of been targeted more (which he should have been) his stats would have been even more impressive and with darnold I’d assume he would be the safe go to guy??? Short gains.

OBJ... Giants have been mugged off but their locker room tranquility will take them all the way to rings no doubt

He want to win and wants to see the desire to win and get better all round him.

Good luck with that in Cleveland.

Big fan of steelers and what they did with Shazier - pure class.
I suspect in this age of social media more and more we will see organisations do the right thing but still classly from them. Should be given more praise than it is.
Hey Stocksy! Glad you’re enjoying our offseason so far. Definitely felt a lot happier this morning than I did last night! Nothing but contempt for Barr after what he did to us, every chance we would have signed one of the pass rushers taken after our “agreement” if we had any indication he was going to pussy out.

Osemele should be a big upgrade for our flimsy interior OL, would have liked Paradis too though. Crowder was my #1 choice out of the slot options, think he should see plenty of targets. Bell is a huge signing in so many ways, we now have someone opposing Defenses need to gameplan for.

We overpaid somewhat for Mosley, but he is a quality Linebacker who will give our front 7 some much needed leadership. My only concern is neither him or Williamson are much good in coverage. Lee is by far the best LB we have in that regard, but he will almost certainly be moving on now.

Not sure how much cap room we have left, but I’d like at least one more OL, a CB and would also like us to kick the tyres on Justin Houston. It’s also a concern that we still don’t really have a true #1 WR. Very nice start to proceedings though!
Old 13.03.2019, 01:08 PM
MVP

If we get Houston I’ll need to lay down.

Looking at WR FAs I don’t think there was a obvious choice??

Is there a blockbuster one we could take first round?

If we draft sensibly we have gone about this off season the best we have done in years and years...

Agree on Barr but I thought we were over paying anyway and doesn’t he have injury issues? Read so much last few days I’m possibly confused about who I was reading about as we have been linked to plenty.

We are far far better off than we were last season...

Signed the number 1 FA agent cheaper than expected and one of best FA WR - one of the top two/three available? That’s a good start to getting Darnold help and solid targets.

Mosley is ok in my book and Osenele looks like a great one to snag.

FA and draft is much easier when you don’t have a QB circus going on.... you can look at signings and judge them on merit. Every year I’m usually saying yeah ok... decent upgrade but none of that matters....

Bell now matters.... that’s a great feeling.