Do Denver have a hope in hell against Detroit? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 01.11.2011, 07:27 PM
Team Captain

Well that was horrible. I've still got all the faith in the world in Tim and I still think he has a huge amount of upside but that was horrible. Not all his fault - the offense didn't suit his style, Fox is clearly trying to shoehorn a scrambler into a system which is designed for a pocket passer and Denver were bad all over not just at the QB position but still, those fabled "bad mechanics" actually had practical implications

I will say this though. It would be absolutely the wrong thing to drop Tebow. There's always talk of the season being over when a team drops an established QB for a young one, what would it say if the team then drops the youngster? If you're John Fox you gotta stick with Tebow. You can't go back to Orton, you already basically told him you don't want him, if you do the same to Tebow you basically just ruined the confidence of two quarterbacks and probably the whole team. I'm actually hearing Brady Quinn's name being mentioned!
Old 01.11.2011, 09:09 PM
Starter

Yeah, Quinn's name was brought up in an interview I think, as Fox did his usual "avoid the questions with strange answer" method when questioned on who was the QB in Denver.

I think McCoy gets his head on straight, and we get a good QB coach (Elway needs to step in lol), they can bring Tebow along - He probably won't be a great QB unfortunately, but he has the potential to be an above average QB - Playoff Material.

I think one of the commentators said it - Fox needs to look at the Team in the 3rd QTR / 4th QTR, and see who was still fighting for points - Those who had given up clearly are wasting everyones time. To be honest, I looked at the schedule...The Bills might be the only chance left we have of some points unless they switch on, start playing small passing game with Tebow, and get some running together (Trade Moreno) and get everyone on the same sheet. We're a long way off.
Old 01.11.2011, 10:58 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix492 View Post
Yeah, Quinn's name was brought up in an interview I think, as Fox did his usual "avoid the questions with strange answer" method when questioned on who was the QB in Denver.

I think McCoy gets his head on straight, and we get a good QB coach (Elway needs to step in lol), they can bring Tebow along - He probably won't be a great QB unfortunately, but he has the potential to be an above average QB - Playoff Material.

I think one of the commentators said it - Fox needs to look at the Team in the 3rd QTR / 4th QTR, and see who was still fighting for points - Those who had given up clearly are wasting everyones time. To be honest, I looked at the schedule...The Bills might be the only chance left we have of some points unless they switch on, start playing small passing game with Tebow, and get some running together (Trade Moreno) and get everyone on the same sheet. We're a long way off.
I agree totally. If Mark Sanchez can be the QB for a team who are supposedly Super Bowl contenders every year (according to the head coach at least) there's no reason Tebow can't. Unlike Sanchez, Tebow actually has the ability to turn games for his team, we've seen that already.
Old 02.11.2011, 06:53 AM
Starter

I'll bring up the question - It was missed on Sky Sports HT discussions -

What to do with Kyle Orton? Trade him before the season is over and he goes free? I doubt he will play again - if he does he won't play well I think, Fox has pretty much destroyed what confidence he had left by putting Tebow in, and letting him get better by playing the games...
Old 02.11.2011, 08:08 AM
whitey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix492 View Post
I'll bring up the question - It was missed on Sky Sports HT discussions -

What to do with Kyle Orton? Trade him before the season is over and he goes free? I doubt he will play again - if he does he won't play well I think, Fox has pretty much destroyed what confidence he had left by putting Tebow in, and letting him get better by playing the games...
I feel a bit sorry for Orton. He looked off all season, probably because he knew the axe was waiting above his head. His stock has plumetted and I can't see anyone picking him up any time soon, barring an injury somewhere. He'll find a club in the off season for sure, and you just know he'll play against us and have a blinder!

As it stands I think it might well be an idea to let Quinn have a go under centre at somepoint. It has to be man-managed carefully internally as there will be a lot of press about giving up on Tebow if that happens. But if fans wanted Tebow to be given a chance to show what he can do, then Quinn deserves the same chance.

I'm pretty sure Fox, Elway et al are reviewing tape of college QBs though. As well as nearly every other position on the roster. Lot of rebuilding to do.
Old 02.11.2011, 09:04 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey74 View Post
I feel a bit sorry for Orton. He looked off all season, probably because he knew the axe was waiting above his head. His stock has plumetted and I can't see anyone picking him up any time soon, barring an injury somewhere. He'll find a club in the off season for sure, and you just know he'll play against us and have a blinder!

As it stands I think it might well be an idea to let Quinn have a go under centre at somepoint. It has to be man-managed carefully internally as there will be a lot of press about giving up on Tebow if that happens. But if fans wanted Tebow to be given a chance to show what he can do, then Quinn deserves the same chance.

I'm pretty sure Fox, Elway et al are reviewing tape of college QBs though. As well as nearly every other position on the roster. Lot of rebuilding to do.
Certainly agree. I would like to see Quinn play too at some point this year, especially as it is probable he won't be back on the roster next year so if he is worth keeping then now is the time to find out.

Orton should be allowed to walk. Ever since day one with the Broncos he has faced adversity and more so when Tebow was drafted yet despite through all of that he persevered and gave his all like a true professional and for that he should be allowed to leave and then choose where he wants to go as a FA.

For the record, unless we are in the unfortunate position of needing a new starting QB at years end and Luck isn't available I hope we don't rush after a QB and focus the rebuilding elsewhere. For 372 days (when the Raiders beat us 59-14) I have been saying whoever the QB is with the team we have now they will not be successful. I still stand by that!
Old 02.11.2011, 04:29 PM
Team Captain

Orton should have gone before the trade deadline. He should be in either Oakland or Miami right now. Itd be nice to think the Broncs could realistically hang on to him and have him as a good backup and a guy who can help Tebow but after the way the fans at Mile High treated him and the way he was axed as starter there's no way that can happen. Orton has likely played his last games as a Denver Bronco and even if he does wind up coming back in for Tebow he'll be off before the start of next season