Super Bowl in Glasgow - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 21.11.2013, 10:15 AM
Rookie

Default Super Bowl in Glasgow

Hi forum,

Usually PJ champs would be my Watering hole for the Super bowl but sadly it has closed down.

I was thinking of maybe organising a party exclusively for the event. Years previously I have had to endure so many distraction to the game ie drunks and loud music. I have already contacted a venue in the west end who has the necessary equipment such as many TVs and sound...plus booze and food. I just believe that if all football fans could congregate to one area then it would make the atmosphere that bit better.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions or if you know anywhere that is all ready holding such an event.[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Old 21.11.2013, 08:51 PM
Pro

Not many other choices. O'Couture. An absolute toilet like Campus. Walkabout maybe? Even at that you're risking all of these places blasting the usual commercial music over the top of the commentary even though everywhere dead on a Sunday.

So, aye, the west end idea sounds not bad. Either that or watch it in the house is what I'd do.

Last edited by Raider12; 21.11.2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: swearing PM sent.
Old 21.11.2013, 09:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Is PJ Champs not just been re-named? According to my mate it is and shows Sky Sports games on a Sunday
Old 21.11.2013, 09:23 PM
All Pro

id love to find a place in Edinburgh the same..i normally hold a party in my house each year but just ends up costing me a fortune and leaves me with alot of cleaning up!
Old 22.11.2013, 03:52 PM
Rookie

PJ Champs has just been renamed but think there is an oppertunity for somewhere to make an actual event and focus. I kinda miss the sports bar to be honest.

Not really been to Edinburgh to watch it, I went to uni in glasgow so that's how I'm a bit byest. Is there anywhere in Edinburgh that makes a fuss?
Old 22.11.2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Its one of the things I would like to have seen occurring, regional SB parties. This is one of the things the fan committe where trying to pursue, but alas don't think we will be reconvening again.

Mark
Old 23.11.2013, 03:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester1916 View Post
PJ Champs has just been renamed but think there is an oppertunity for somewhere to make an actual event and focus. I kinda miss the sports bar to be honest.

Not really been to Edinburgh to watch it, I went to uni in glasgow so that's how I'm a bit byest. Is there anywhere in Edinburgh that makes a fuss?
All the Super Bowl parties i been to. Claymores party at Walkabout, PJ Champs etc. Sports Cafe was the venue i enjoyed most.

Anyone know what PJ Champs is called now?
Old 28.11.2013, 01:04 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to TubbyTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcintosh92 View Post
id love to find a place in Edinburgh the same..i normally hold a party in my house each year but just ends up costing me a fortune and leaves me with alot of cleaning up!
Hi

The Edinburgh Wolves American Football club usually host a Superbowl Party in Edinburgh at Sportsters Bar - if you check out www.edinburghwolves.com closer to the SB - there will no doubt be details there.

Sportsters is a great bar with loads of screens to watch the action on.

Tags
lombardi , metlife , superbowl , worldchamps , xlviii