Draft Picks - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Sponsored Links

Old 24.04.2010, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Default Draft Picks

What do you think of the picks that the Bears have made??
Sponsored Links
Old 24.04.2010, 08:59 PM
Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown!'s Avatar
Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown! Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown! is offline
Pro Bowler

Think we did ok with what we had. From what I've read and the limited college football I saw I think the end and safety could do a decent if unspectacular job. The corner I'm not so sure about. The QB is supposed to be a good pick for the 6th round and the lineman is big but needs work.
Old 25.04.2010, 10:23 AM
All Pro

Horrible draft
Old 25.04.2010, 04:26 PM
All Pro

We didn't pick up a G or OT before round 7.

Grade: F

Feel real sorry for Jay, he is going to get destroyed.
Old 26.04.2010, 08:59 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatme View Post
We didn't pick up a G or OT before round 7.

Grade: F

Feel real sorry for Jay, he is going to get destroyed.
Hmmm looks like we're going to get the full-on MM offence. Get out of the pocket and run while things develop.
Old 26.04.2010, 09:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamthief View Post
Hmmm looks like we're going to get the full-on MM offence. Get out of the pocket and run while things develop.
Hi mate, sorry for the off-topic post.........what part of Norn Iron you from ?
Old 27.04.2010, 07:39 AM
Starter

Carrickfergus/Ballycarry but I left about 20 years ago, though my parents still live there.
Been living in England ever since I went to university here.
Old 04.05.2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

I do not think you can say the draft was good or bad at this stage to be honest. I think the Bears took the best value they felt was available and I have no problem with that to be honest. I don't think it is a good idea to draft for need in later rounds since the chances of a player being a good one is already lower. Imo you choose the player you feel projects the best in the long term.

I would have liked a guard or tackle earlier but if the value was not there then I think you just take what is there.

I don't know enough about most of the picks to say but they obviously felt Major Wright was good value so I have no issue with that pick really.

I like the potential with Wooten, certainly worth a punt in the 4th imo. he had a promising college career and would have gone far earlier had it not been for an ACL injury. Obviously it depends on his health but for me it was worth a shot since DE is such a valuable position.
Old 17.05.2010, 12:26 PM
Starter

I've just seen this on Wootton and it may explain why he slipped a bit in the draft. It's one of those things that could be huge or a non-factor...only time will tell....

May 17, 2010
BY MIKE MULLIGAN mmulligan@suntimes.com
The mystery of defensive end Corey Wootton's draft free fall finally has been solved.

The former Northwestern star landed with the Bears in the fourth round because of injury concern -- no mystery there -- but it was an old neck injury and not a rebuilt knee that led Wootton to fall to the 109th slot.

At least three of the league's 32 teams did not have Wootton on their draft boards because of the injury, sources with those teams said, while another gave him a grade of 3.25 on a sliding 4.0 scale. That's a designation many teams, the Bears included, use for a player who passes a physical but with the arrow pointing down.

''It usually means there is an arthritic problem of some sort,'' a source with an AFC team said. ''You will get something from the guy, but maybe his career will be limited. We had the same grade on [former Bears first-round draft pick Chris] Williams, and he wound up needing surgery. We had a medical on Tommie Harris, too, and [the Bears] probably won with that one.''

Williams had a back procedure after being selected in the first round but started last season and is projected to start at left tackle this year.

Harris, the 14th overall pick in 2004, is a three-time Pro Bowl selection. But he also has battled serious injuries, including a chronic knee condition and a bad hamstring that required surgery.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear17.article

Tags
bears , draft , picks