Fireman Ed Quits - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 27.11.2012, 07:53 PM
Pro

Default Fireman Ed Quits

Apparently due to confrontations between him & other fans the man who's been a season ticket holder since 1976 will no longer lead the J-E-T-S! chant at the MetLife.

It all came to a head when he left the thanksgiving day game at halftime after getting abuse hurled at him for wearing a no6 jersey.

He'll be going to the games but not as "Fireman Ed"
Sponsored Links
Old 28.11.2012, 09:15 AM
MVP

Sad news.

Silly all this Sanchez/Tebow hate. TBH not sure even an Elite QB would paper over the cracks in the organisation at the mo.

The focus is too much on the Sanchez and not enough on the coaches/play calls and the holes all over our roster.
Old 29.11.2012, 03:47 PM
Rookie

Default Fireman Ed

Its disgusting the way fans have treated fireman Ed,

Many believe he gets paid by the Jets, he doesn't! he pays for own seats every year, he also receives no freebies from the Jets, and no he didn't start the J E T S jets, jets, jets chant he merely carried on a tradition. Yes he was once a Dolphins fan when he was younger (myself growing up I was a Liverpool fan, until I was no longer influenced by others, I choose to then support my local team Stoke City < epic fail).

The team is having a rough patch players are under performing but its been a hell of lot worse than it is.
I don't get why certain fans (small minority) hidden behind their laptops etc hurl personal and abusive messages to fellow fans its disgusting!

Anyway i feel better now lol. Go Jets!

For the smart ***** yes I've been lucky enough too speak to Ed via my site,( so i do have some insight).

I'll never get to take part in an Ed led JETS chant that hurts!!
Old 05.12.2012, 09:28 AM
MVP

I saw him in footage this week leading chants... just not in a fireman hat! anyone else see it??

Im guessing old habits die hard.
Old 05.12.2012, 11:06 AM
All Pro

He did say he was still going to go, just not as Fireman Ed. Guess he's got a PSL too, so he'll still be in the same seat. Perhaps fans at the game persuaded him to lead the chant?