OC Nathaniel Hackett! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 09.01.2013, 09:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Default OC Nathaniel Hackett!

What are your thoughts on this one? His resume doesn't have much NFL experience on it but personally I dont know much about the guy.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.01.2013, 10:19 PM
MVP

Hackett didn't call plays at Syracuse doubt he will in the NFL. He will coach and develop talent untill he is ready to take on a bigger role. Offensive playcalling is all on Marrone. It's a pretty neutral move nothing to get too high or too low about.

Bigger news is former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. The guy clearly know's how to coach but we can't go back to a 3-4 I am hoping/expecting he will coach out of the 43. Bills weakest position are the linebackers they don't have 2-3 quality rush linebackers or good enough inside line-backers to make it work. Throw in Mario's $100 million dollar contract and his 11 sack season last season looks like a bad idea waiting to happen if they try and play like the Jets.
Old 09.01.2013, 10:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Ok, im just trying to educate myself on the Bills and the new personnel. It sounds like Hackett will be moulded and as you say, will be protected by Marrone to an extent.

Pettine sounds like a great pick up...11 years of Nfl experience and both innovative and very adaptable. He's been with Ryan for the majority of his time and Rex is established as having unforgiving defences. Also this move is great in the respect that Pettine will have a good understanding of the division and know the Jets playbook inside out.
Old 30.01.2013, 08:57 PM
MVP

Grabbed from another Bills site the always debatable Profootballfocus ranking Buffalo's O-Line.
Quote:
13. Buffalo Bills (4)

PB – 5th, RB – 21st, PEN – 26th

Stud: Although the star of the unit is Andy Levitre (+17.2), we can’t be the only ones that would like to see him do a little bit more in the run game.

Dud: The only player on the line to get a significant negative grade, Erik Pears (-7.3) ended his season on injured reserve watching Chris Hairston make a pretty convincing claim to his starting spot.

Summary: The line got more praise than they deserved for the ridiculousness of C.J. Spiller and his ability to make a lot out of very little. They did, however, hold up well in pass protection, providing one less excuse for the play of Ryan Fitzpatrick.
No debate I liked Chris Hairston to be the starting left tackle last season until Cordy Glenn won the job brutalised oppositions D-Lines.
Old 31.01.2013, 09:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Have you got the original link for this?

I have just read a few articles similar to this, and one of them is quite critical of our depth at LB. It says the Barnett was the star in 2011 but there was a marked decline in his play this year. After him we seem pretty raw.
Old 01.02.2013, 09:44 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Have you got the original link for this?

I have just read a few articles similar to this, and one of them is quite critical of our depth at LB. It says the Barnett was the star in 2011 but there was a marked decline in his play this year. After him we seem pretty raw.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/