With the 8th Pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Bills Select.... - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 28.02.2013, 12:11 AM
Pro Bowler

Think with the news just breaking, its a DE/OLB type player a front runner for the #8 pick
Sponsored Links
Old 28.02.2013, 01:24 PM
All Pro

Jordan at #8 sounds good to me. A few recent mocks have us picking Barkley at #8, which I'm not adverse to, but would rather see a QB picked up at #42 and either an OLB or WR (Patterson ideally) at #8.
Old 28.02.2013, 05:34 PM
MVP

I clearly promote the guy I like Nassib he is smart he put up stat wins he looks like he will be a big film room kind of guy he looks to me to be the best QB in the class. (Throwing out I have a lack of vision on QBs back in 2010 I thought Sam Bradford had a meak arm too fragile 3rd round pick kind of guy and Jimmy Clausen was a safe bet for the 1# pick pre combine sometimes when you’re wrong your very wrong). With Nassib I wouldn't be angry even if the Bills rolled the dice on the guy with the 1st pick but all press see him as a 2nd round pick I don't doubt that. Still certainly a good developmental option.

Glennon I don't get at all apart from arm I don't see him starting for a team for more than a few seasons he is a poor man’s Ryan Mallet just cleaner off the field. Can't see him going 1st round in any way probably not even round 2.

EJ Manual I know people love the upside but his lack of college progression makes me think this is not a guy that will master the playbook and ever be a long term starter just an athlete not a pro QB.

Geno Smith is another player coming from Air Raid with so little reading the defence with two easy options at WR and failed once the schedule got tough I don't see him being a franchise guy he like Manual has an uphill task learning to read NFL defences and learning to audible.

Tyler Brady doesn’t look worth the risk in the first 5 rounds even then I wouldn’t want him he is a walking red flag even if he looks legit at times on the field. Surrounded by enough talent threw his toys out the pram on too many occasions just a risky player won far to few again other SEC teams should have been better in college.

Barkley sound off the field good system seems like a great leader film student good with the media. Arm strength concerns are legit and even with a disappointing defence he had enough Weapons on offence where it should have never been a question of USC getting at least 10 wins let alone only 7 blame has to lie on Barkley. Biggest question is what can he do when his offence doesn’t have a clear talent advantage to any team he played like he did in college.
Old 28.02.2013, 07:21 PM
MVP

They don't take anyone at No 8. They trade up with Oakland and take Geno Smith at pick No 3.

Well, at least that's a conclusion you can draw from recent comments made by Buddy Nix on WGR-AM.

"Let me say this: I think there's a time that in the era that you're in and the development of your team, there's a time when you can move up in a round to take a quarterback and I think the time's now for us. I mean, if a guy's there ... I keep saying that, and there'll be one out there ... if the guy's there, then I think we'll target ... as I've said before ... drafting a good quarterback. We need a good, young quarterback, and we're going to do our best to get him."

Last edited by Smograider; 28.02.2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 28.02.2013, 11:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
They don't take anyone at No 8. They trade up with Oakland and take Geno Smith at pick No 3.

Well, at least that's a conclusion you can draw from recent comments made by Buddy Nix on WGR-AM.

"Let me say this: I think there's a time that in the era that you're in and the development of your team, there's a time when you can move up in a round to take a quarterback and I think the time's now for us. I mean, if a guy's there ... I keep saying that, and there'll be one out there ... if the guy's there, then I think we'll target ... as I've said before ... drafting a good quarterback. We need a good, young quarterback, and we're going to do our best to get him."

Dont think we will give up the bank to grab Geno Smith, i think he means going back into round 1 to select Nassib, Barkley. I think if anything we go BPA at 8, would love to trade down thou, pick up some more draft picks
Old 01.03.2013, 12:10 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain View Post
Dont think we will give up the bank to grab Geno Smith, i think he means going back into round 1 to select Nassib, Barkley. I think if anything we go BPA at 8, would love to trade down thou, pick up some more draft picks
You may well be right. Possibly wishful thinking on my part, as I'm hoping Oakland can trade back for more picks too. I also don't like these Geno to Oakland at 3 rumours. Must confess to not knowing a great deal about Geno, as I don't watch much college ball. It's just I get a really bad feeling in my gut about him. I had this same feeling before we drafted JaLardass too.
Old 01.03.2013, 11:23 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
You may well be right. Possibly wishful thinking on my part, as I'm hoping Oakland can trade back for more picks too. I also don't like these Geno to Oakland at 3 rumours. Must confess to not knowing a great deal about Geno, as I don't watch much college ball. It's just I get a really bad feeling in my gut about him. I had this same feeling before we drafted JaLardass too.
Could happen Raiders don't have a 2nd round pick Bills need a QB. Like you got the same issues with Geno which I pointed to on a different thread but I would be happy about it if Bills did grab a QB even if I personally felt it was the wrong pick they need to gamble soon the pass game hasn't been there since Bledsoe.