Titans Free Agency & Draft 2014 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Sponsored Links

Old 06.03.2014, 09:44 AM
Starter

Default Titans Free Agency & Draft 2014

So it's coming up to that time of year where we find out how our team will look in the coming season. We have a number of questions over players that may be released and those we may be looking to sign during free agency.

We also have an intriguing first draft coming up for our new HC and trying to see how we will shape up with some scheme changes that we seem to be implementing. Currently we are around $13m under the cap but we have a lot of moves that we can make to increase that number.

I’m not sure of the exact savings in cap room but here are some players I’d like to see us release.

Kam Wimbley – There’s possibly the thought that a change to 3-4 defence will benefit Kam but his cap number is way too high for the production we’ve seen and should be released.

Craig Stevens – His cap number is around $4m for the coming season, that’s a lot for a blocking TE. Released.

Dave Stewart – He’s been great over the years but injuries and a drop in play mean he should be released.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.03.2014, 11:53 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENDALL3T View Post
So it's coming up to that time of year where we find out how our team will look in the coming season. We have a number of questions over players that may be released and those we may be looking to sign during free agency.

We also have an intriguing first draft coming up for our new HC and trying to see how we will shape up with some scheme changes that we seem to be implementing. Currently we are around $13m under the cap but we have a lot of moves that we can make to increase that number.

I’m not sure of the exact savings in cap room but here are some players I’d like to see us release.

Kam Wimbley – There’s possibly the thought that a change to 3-4 defence will benefit Kam but his cap number is way too high for the production we’ve seen and should be released.

Craig Stevens – His cap number is around $4m for the coming season, that’s a lot for a blocking TE. Released.

Dave Stewart – He’s been great over the years but injuries and a drop in play mean he should be released.
I'd be surprised if all three of them aren't released.

Kam became a situational back up last year, Stevens is a blocking TE (back up to Walker) and Stewart is past it now.
Old 06.03.2014, 12:03 PM
Starter

We could really do with trading back in the draft it would be nice to pick up a 3rd rounder to cover the one we gave San Fran to move up for Hunter.

Depending on what we do with CJ the 3rd round would be a nice place to pick up a running back as we'd likely have a good chance at getting one of the premier backs in the draft.

I say we go BPA in the 1st round and then build from the second, free agency will tell us what our needs will be but I'm not sold on us taking an OLB unless Mack drops to 11. Our best 1st round pick recently has been Kendall Wright and we didn't draft for need with that one.

Looking at possible trade partners there's Miami who may want to move up infront of NY, St Louis etc to pick up Taylor Lewan. I have a feeling New England would be interested in trading up but the drop of 18 spots would be too much, I think they'll be looking for Evans from Texas A&M.

Last edited by KENDALL3T; 06.03.2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 15.03.2014, 01:19 PM
All Pro

I think we could grab a really special player at 11, but then again if all our top guys are gone by our pick then trading back would be sensible.
Old 19.03.2014, 08:26 AM
Starter

Well, Oher is now with us.
Old 20.03.2014, 07:38 PM
Starter

Why oh why have we collected Oher for a stupidly high figure?? I'm seriously wondering what the new staff are doing?? I thought we were a couple of good players away from competing for the division title. Now I'm really not sure what's going on!
Old 20.03.2014, 08:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaztee72 View Post
Why oh why have we collected Oher for a stupidly high figure?? I'm seriously wondering what the new staff are doing?? I thought we were a couple of good players away from competing for the division title. Now I'm really not sure what's going on!
Most of it is incentive money and Titans can get out after year 1 with little to no financial impact. It's a calculated risk.
Old 26.03.2014, 09:29 AM
Starter

Todd McShay said on the most recent edition of the first draft podcast that we remind him of Seattle from a couple of seasons ago. We’ve lots of players who are at the turning point of either being just good players or potentially top level.

As a side from that if Bridgewater is available at #11 I say we pick him up, I don’t think he’ll slide that far though even after his bad pro day.
Old 04.04.2014, 08:39 AM
Starter

[QUOTE=KENDALL3T;2028178]Todd McShay said on the most recent edition of the first draft podcast that we remind him of Seattle from a couple of seasons ago. We
Old 04.04.2014, 08:42 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENDALL3T View Post
Todd McShay said on the most recent edition of the first draft podcast that we remind him of Seattle from a couple of seasons ago. We’ve lots of players who are at the turning point of either being just good players or potentially top level.

As a side from that if Bridgewater is available at #11 I say we pick him up, I don’t think he’ll slide that far though even after his bad pro day.
Think Carr would be a better option than Bridgewater. I don't see us taking a QB in the first round, but then I've really no idea what is going on in Nashville. Still confused by what they be done so far! At least CJ2K appears to be on his way out. That's a move I completely agree with!