Raiders QBs - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 11.06.2014, 12:17 PM
All Pro

Schaub will start and I think we'll stick with him for a long time before playing Carr or McGloin. Realistically we don't have a lot to play for this year and our schedule is horrendous; I don't see what we gain giving Derek Carr "David Carr Syndrome".
Sponsored Links
Old 15.07.2014, 01:57 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
So who starts in September?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200..._atl_wesseling

I'm still assuming Schaub will start personally but if he gets off to a poor start we might see Carr by the IS game.
I would take great care reading any story about the Raiders written by Chris Wesseling. Carr will push Schaub in training camp it's his job! I would be more concerned if both Carr and McGloin didn't push Scaub. At the moment the Raiders have Schaub as starting QB.My opinion is that unless training camp is a complete disaster for Schaub and Carr has a training camp like never before seen Schaub will be starter. The only thing that is certain is nothing will be certain until after training camp and preseason games. It is fun to speculate though.
Old 15.07.2014, 05:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Until training camp speculation is the best we have.
Old 05.08.2014, 02:09 PM
Pro

I do think Schaub could be best qb we have had since Gannon. I do not think he will be anywhere near as good as Gannon though. Just look at the talent around each guy

Gannon Jerry Rice & Tim Brown
Schaub Andre Holmes & Rod Streater

He will be better than likes of Charlie Frye & Kyle Boller
Old 13.08.2014, 07:45 PM
Pro Bowler

I think he will defiantly be our starter, looking forwards to the start of the season now.
Old 17.08.2014, 08:55 PM
Pro

My wild speculation with only a smidge of factual evidence to back it up is that Schaub will start the season at QB Carr will start by mid season and McGloin will be traded to Houston (bill O'Brien reunion)
Old 22.08.2014, 11:08 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrits69 View Post
My wild speculation with only a smidge of factual evidence to back it up is that Schaub will start the season at QB Carr will start by mid season and McGloin will be traded to Houston (bill O'Brien reunion)
I hope you're wrong about McGloin. IMHO he should be starting. He looks the most composed with the most varied game of the 3. Schaub looks one-dimensional, worn out and nervy. Carr shows signs of being a franchise QB for the future, but not yet especially behind an O,-line that still looks far from perfect.
Old 23.08.2014, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

You have to remember McGloin is playing against the 3rd stringers and players fighting for a roster spot, while Schaub is seeing the starters.

Schaub is only a short erm bridge QB. Long term they'll go with Carr, and McGloin will be the number 2 .... until the next regime blows it all up yet again.
Old 23.08.2014, 09:17 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
You have to remember McGloin is playing against the 3rd stringers and players fighting for a roster spot, while Schaub is seeing the starters.

Schaub is only a short erm bridge QB. Long term they'll go with Carr, and McGloin will be the number 2 .... until the next regime blows it all up yet again.
True, but McGloin is playing with the backups too. Watched the game last night and it's pretty clear that the Schaub we have got is the 2013 version, his arm has gone. Bit of a problem when the team has said they are going to be more of a run first team, but you still need the downfield threat to counter teams stacking the box against you.
Old 25.08.2014, 05:29 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
True, but McGloin is playing with the backups too. Watched the game last night and it's pretty clear that the Schaub we have got is the 2013 version, his arm has gone. Bit of a problem when the team has said they are going to be more of a run first team, but you still need the downfield threat to counter teams stacking the box against you.
Having watched pre-season 3 against the Packers, I stand by my previous post. Schaub is a lost cause, I can't see him winning a game. His arm is gone and his confidence with it, which is hitting the confidence of the rest of the team. I really hoped we would get at least 1 good year out of him so that Carr could develop into the franchise QB that he looks like he can be. But not only does he look one-dimensional (and no deep threat will kill the intention of a power running game because the opposition will just pack the box) but he shows no drive or leadership, especially on the side-line.
It's too early for Carr, especially with a less than stellar O-line, but McGloin knows the offence, knows the players, can play under centre or in shotgun or on the move, believes in himself and looks like he REALLY wants it.
Let him start while Carr learns and then become a great backup.