Raiders' New Stadium - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 04.08.2014, 06:38 PM
Pro

I agree with most people that the preferred option is staying in Oakland. As many UK Raider fans I started as a LA Raider fan.It does appear that as with everything in life this will all come down to money.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.08.2014, 08:48 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrits69 View Post
I agree with most people that the preferred option is staying in Oakland. As many UK Raider fans I started as a LA Raider fan.It does appear that as with everything in life this will all come down to money.
And Oakland doesn't have any!
Old 16.08.2014, 11:48 AM
Pro

For me the pendulum has swung toward LA Raiders now, Oakland seem to be disinterested in keeping the Raiders, money and preferring the winning A's are big factors
Old 17.08.2014, 06:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Like many I started following them when they were in LA so if they move back there I can live with it.

But at the end of the day as long as they remain the Raiders I will support them.
Old 17.08.2014, 06:24 PM
Rookie

Default Portland?

Ive heard the Raiders have been talking about moving to Portland Oregon. There's even a group called 'NFL to Portland.' Apparently they are desperate for an NFL Team to set up shop there.
The fan base would be big as the Ducks and Beavers attract a lot of attention.
I would prefer a move to Portland then San Antonio.
Old 17.08.2014, 06:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhothobo View Post
Ive heard the Raiders have been talking about moving to Portland Oregon. There's even a group called 'NFL to Portland.' Apparently they are desperate for an NFL Team to set up shop there.
The fan base would be big as the Ducks and Beavers attract a lot of attention.
I would prefer a move to Portland then San Antonio.
The issue with Portland is whether there is the political will to carry an NFL team. The general push to get an NFL franchise has certainly come from residence rather than governmental sources.
Old 09.09.2014, 11:42 AM
Pro

I can't see Mark trying to relocate to Portland, sadly. I love the city and the culture (especially the beer and food culture), but even though the population's larger than that of Oakland, it's home to a lot of dedicated Timbers, Blazers, Ducks and Beavers fans. Could it sustain a franchise? The population of SA is twice that of Portland and the weather during the playing season is more like California than Oregon.

Wherever the team ends up, it will require a new build stadium; the Rose Garden and Providence Park are both far too small and the geography of PDX would make site location difficult. The Alamodome might do as a temporary home but greater-SA probably has more to offer in terms of construction sites.

I know he was doing his best by the Oak fans by looking at Concord last year which is within reasonable driving distance, but that possibility seems far fetched now.

I could live with a return to LA, since they were there when I began supporting them and the fan base there (in an SoCal in general) is large - just look at the turnout in Oxnard or any San Diego game - but it would be a terrible shame for the fans in Oakland. Even if a move to LA is on the cards, where will the money come from?
Old 17.12.2014, 06:43 PM
Pro Bowler

Good news?

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...favorites_head
Old 21.12.2014, 11:32 AM
Pro Bowler

Sounds like we will be staying in Oakland, although the deal for the new stadium won't be done this year.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...favorites_head