TENNESSEE TITANS THREAD - Page 87 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Sponsored Links

Old 08.09.2014, 10:35 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse445 View Post
Well, the first game of the 2014 season has come and gone and our boys have gone into Arrowhead and beat up on the Chiefs for a promising start. So its so far so good ... and i am a happy man
With you on that, many positives out of that game! The biggest positive for me was the defence, Horton's got them playing better than last year straight up and they're still transitioning! Sure, Bowe was out and so the Chiefs had no receivers, but we kept Charles to one of the quietest (If not the least yardage of his career) yesterday, and only gave up a TD when they had a few penalties that really weren't.

Then on Offense we have Jake back to his early season form of last year, and who Whiz is keeping in the pocket to keep healthy. We've got 4 capable running backs who're a far more attractive option as a group than just handing it off to CJ, and then surely one of the stronger receiving corps in the league.

Was surprised to see McCluster getting the majority of the early snaps at RB, as I do think Greene is our best early game option there for pounding it up the middle. Also found it interesting that we seem to be a pass first team this year, unless that was simply the game plan against a weak Chiefs secondary.

Altogether a very pleasing performance, feel good about our chances in the South having seen the Colts are no better and can only play from behind, the Texans are relying on Fitzpatrick (Though have a ridiculously easy schedule) and the Jags are still trying to put it together.

Next up: the Cowboys, if we can bottle up Murray as we did Charles, then I'm very confident of beating them if Romo has to win it through the air.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.09.2014, 06:24 PM
Starter

Well I have to say that was a shock, I never thought we'd lose to the cowboys! I don't think it matters who turns up this weekend, I only see more pain being inflicted by the Bengals. The texans could end up with a healthy lead in the division with their easy schedule. Hoping Whizz can turn things around sharpest!
Old 18.09.2014, 09:36 AM
Pro

Was pretty shocked myself too - especially seeing as the D come up with multiple early sacks (which, is a positive to take forward).

I have to say, the one haunting factor this season will be the name "Verner" - what an error it has proved to be letting him go. Alas, we can't change that now, but do either Blidi or Coty have what it takes to defend at a high enough level in the NFL? Being a stats man it's too early to judge, but I'm not comfortable on pass plays on our D.

We contained Charles, but couldn't lay a glove on Murray, go figure!? No doubt about it, he tore our D to shreds.

Heading into this week, I'd be a fool to say I was confident as we've played two run-heavy offences (Cowboys by default as Romo is so bad). Cincy have one of the most well-balanced teams in the league, and AJ Green is also back from injury. I'm not ready to write off week 1 as a fluke in the same way I'm not willing to say wk2 can be forgotten about. Simple fact is we need to win this game. I'm confident our pass rushers can get to Dalton and if we can and he goes to the ground, Gio plays a similar nimble game to Charles, who we held to just 17 rush yards. They have Hill too, who is an explosive player and one to watch, big time.

For me, pressure wins the game. We get to Dalton, we have a chance at winning this game. He's not an elite QB and folds under pressure - however, this poses a big problem, in order to get inside his head we need to bring it early on. The Titans don't normally wake up till either the second Q or after letting a TD up in the first drive.

Big test. TITAN UP!
Old 18.09.2014, 01:48 PM
Team Captain

I feel so gutted after this defeat it's taken me this long to bare logging on ANY NFL related website it's just too depressing after being so excited after week 1.
Old 21.09.2014, 05:05 AM
Starter

Agreed that Verner should not have been allowed to walk. Shows a lack of ambition to me, but it's not the first time the titans have shot themselves in the foot!
Hoping that we put on a more positive display today. If whiz really believes we're headed for the post season then what better way than to beat the bengals at home! There home record was better than the Seahawks last year, so that's a good bar to be measured against!
On another note anyone else heading for wembley next weekend?? Hope to be at the green man for a new before kick off! Should be wearing my Locker jersey
Old 05.10.2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

I know this doesnt mean much guys but you did not deserve to lose that game, if Locker isnt injured you win it quite easily

There were some bad calls there where we got lucky and no other way you can look past it
Old 06.10.2014, 12:17 AM
Pro

Lee, that's very sporting of you to say! It's tough because this isn't the first time a game has gone that way for us, so who know's what would have happened. Sure, the way Locker et al were playing was definitely leading us to the W, but the game is played over 4 quarters, not two and in the end Browns offence took their chances and in my opinion if they didn't win they would have been unlucky.

Our DB situation is horrible at the moment. No one is going to convince me that Sensebaugh or Wreh-Wilson are NFL-standard CB's. They get out-muscled and miss open-field tackles ALL the time. It's embarrassing.

It's as simple as this. We have a core of receivers that any team in the NFL would snap up, and add into the mix Delanie Walker, Taylor Thompson and DMC, we have numerous play makers in the pass game.
On the ground, I believe Greene has been a top guy. He's a battering ram RB, but that can't be sustained for 40+ snaps a game so Sankey needs to step up (which, Whizz said he would be) and we need to re-establish that run game.

I just don't know where to start in fixing this team! I still believe in Locker - he show's moments of brilliance then does things a freshman college QB wouldn't even do. However, people saying he's made of glass is a load of rubbish. The guy extends the plays, rightly or wrongly, with his feet and takes hit after hit - he's a tough SOB.

Today, the play calling I think killed us. That 4th down call for the QB sneak was outrageously bad and in general the abandonment of the run game when the back-up was in! What the hell is that about!!? You go run heavy if anything.

Bottom line: We're not going to make any dramatic roster moves this season, so for me I'd like to see the re-emergence of the old school Tennessee Titans ground and pound run game. Our D are fierce enough to beat up on teams and our offence just needs to put it on the board.

What's everyone's thoughts? Let's try and stay constructive, if at all possible.
Old 18.12.2014, 04:10 PM
All Pro

Wow the board has been silent this year! Not surprising with the awful season and all. Let's hope for some better luck next season. I have to be honest, I hope we lose out and get a higher pick. There is literally ZERO incentive to win.
Old 06.05.2015, 01:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Thought you guys might be interested to read this article on Dorial Green-Beckham:

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DGB/
Old 04.07.2015, 08:35 PM
MVP

What's going on with Marcus and his contract first I hear it's because they won't let him surf now it's because of something that says he can't get paid from another team and they expect him to miss a few days of camp while they hammer it out.

Is he going to be a Titan or what.