Wearing Different Jerseys - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 10.09.2015, 04:16 PM
All Pro

I would go as far as saying that one of the best things about the IS games are the multitude of shirts on display. Feels like a festival.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.09.2015, 06:28 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I would go as far as saying that one of the best things about the IS games are the multitude of shirts on display. Feels like a festival.
totally agree!!!! its one of my favourite things about going to the games at wembley. I serves for a great atmosphere and gives everyone opportunity for some friendly chat and banter about the teams that everyone likes! The more variety the better!
Old 10.09.2015, 08:18 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Marks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice30 View Post
Yeah they have a big Official NFL Merchandise Shop outside the stadium selling all the teams Jerseys/Hats etc.
Range for the official shop might be limited though - if you just want a shirt for a team, you'll be fine (barring a sudden run on that team's merchandise, of course). If you want a specific player who's not one of the big stars, you'll probably be out of luck.
Well, I'll take my chances then.
Thanks for the replies guys!
Old 10.09.2015, 09:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Well, I'll take my chances then.
Thanks for the replies guys!
For anyone who is going to London for the weekend, it is worth pointing out that the Nike shop has a decent range of shirts this time of year (at least they did the last couple of years).
Old 10.09.2015, 09:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post

But yeah in London all 32 teams will be represented
Yupe "Jersey Bingo" is an annual event.

Then you can go for only home jersey or only road jerseys.
Old 10.09.2015, 11:03 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermcknight91 View Post
Hi there,

I will be going to my first IS games this year and I was wondering what the deal with wearing jerseys of teams that are not playing is.

I heard that in the US its almost unheard of and rude to wear a jersey of a team who isn't playing the game you are attending but is it different for the UK games?
FWIW, wearing a jersey of a team not playing isn't unheard of in the US, but it's rare in my experience and those fans typically receive a healthy bit of grief.
Old 11.09.2015, 06:23 AM
All Pro

Quote:
For anyone who is going to London for the weekend, it is worth pointing out that the Nike shop has a decent range of shirts this time of year (at least they did the last couple of years).
It depends on the team, the better known ones yes, and for those playing the IS games, for some of the rest the selection is terrible. For example last year, they had a single Bills jersey, EJ. Worth looking around and seeing is selling what
Old 11.09.2015, 06:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
It depends on the team, the better known ones yes, and for those playing the IS games, for some of the rest the selection is terrible. For example last year, they had a single Bills jersey, EJ. Worth looking around and seeing is selling what
They definitely had a 99 Dareus shirt in white when I was in there. I only know this as we were trying to put a team together from the shirts available.
Old 11.09.2015, 08:39 AM
Rookie

I'll be returning for my second (and third) IS games this season.

Didn't think of playing bingo, that is a great shout though. Might have to make some cards up for us to fill in!

I spent most of my time last year playing spot a Cardinal, any Cardinal. Only, playing that game do you realise how many 49er fans there are in this country!

Finally found a jersey on ebay this last week for a sensible price. It's an old (reebok) away one, that looks massive on me (even when padded out with my thickest hoodie), but I don't care, I love it

Can't imagine there'll be too many Cardinals road shirts there, so keep your eye out for me if your playing road team bingo!

Trouble is now I have finally taken the plunge on a Jersey... it's now made me want a smaller, nike home one too...
(must resist the urge to buy one... I don't have the money... I can't afford it...)
Old 11.09.2015, 12:48 PM
Starter

Quote:
They definitely had a 99 Dareus shirt in white when I was in there. I only know this as we were trying to put a team together from the shirts available.
How many O-Linemen did you find?

Tags
international series , jerseys