The Walking Dead & Spoilers thread - Page 14 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Sponsored Links

Old 13.11.2015, 11:01 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
The show 'The Talking Dead' did indicate via a note from the producers/writers that Glenn or parts of Glenn would possibly be seen again later.. personally as I have said before if Glenn gets out of that alive the writers will need to take us back to 50's and 50's Saturday Rocket Man and Flash Gordon TV moments where the episode ended with our 'heroes' in a dire jam only to see them escape it the following week.. but even at a single digit age I knew this was nonsense and now well into my 40s there is no way they can convince me he gets out alive.

Also on the blood thing.. ok so if we understand we are all infected and dying brings us back as a zombie.. why then does a bite affect the living so much.. but infected walker blood - nothing..??

I would love the mechanics of the infection and the bite vs. blood thing more clearly explained to be honest.
The best answer I've seen is that a zombie bite is the equivalent of a Komodo dragon bite. A Komodo dragon's mouth is very dirty and has many different kinds of harmful bacteria. So if a person is bitten by one of them, the bacteria in their mouths infects the victim, and without treatment they will die [and this is without factoring in blood loss, or any other injuries].

So with the walkers eating other humans, and generally decaying and being dirty, it is possible that a walker's mouth is full of harmful bacteria. So if a person is bitten, then they are infected with whatever harmful bacteria is in that walker's mouth, and a serious bacterial infection could present the same symptoms that those bitten on TWD show as they suffer from this infection. Also, with no working hospitals, it is no wonder why they succumb to these bites.

The issue I have with this explanation is that if everyone is already infected, then that suggests the virus is dormant until death. So a dead walker would have the active virus in their system, and surely that would cause a reaction? Unless of course the virus only reactivates the brain and doesn't cause an infection that leads to death. So perhaps getting a walker's blood into a normal person's system wouldn't kill/turn them because the virus doesn't result in that, it only causes reanimatation? Which I guess could make sense...

I'm like you, I'd like to see a more clear explanation. But I guess we won't get one unless the writers decide to, something which they haven't done really in the TV series and comic books.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.11.2015, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

All about the slow build this week, with little action but the possible introduction of a new enemy for the group. Also, that sounded quite a bit like Glenn on the Walkie Talkie at the end...
Old 17.11.2015, 10:09 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
All about the slow build this week, with little action but the possible introduction of a new enemy for the group. Also, that sounded quite a bit like Glenn on the Walkie Talkie at the end...
No no no - sorry but that sounded nothing like Glenn.. not to my ears anyway. I think people want it to sound like Glenn as they want him to A) Survive and B) need some closure on where and what has happened to him.

The Girl, Tina, and the greenhouse death was pretty rubbish tbh.. also how long does insulin last - has it not been over 3 years since the outbreak? According to this site (http://www.consumermedsafety.org/ins...enter/item/420) just one year from the date of purchase and if not stored in a fridge you need to throw it away within 28 days..??

So how is Tina still able to use insulin 2-4 years after the outbreak?

Also, I get that we need back stories when we meet new characters, after all in a world like the one our 'heroes' live in people would want to share their journey, they would need to, but honestly I don't really remember a thing Tina's group said to Daryl with reference to the forest or their lives.. it just washed over my head...

The truck.. was that named Patty?

How did the truck manage to get hidden in the only real growth in the whole forest and yet not be discovered until Daryl finds a sign/marker or similar on the ground.. did anyone catch what it said on it?

Abraham and Sasha.. that all felt awkward and clumsy - also I don't know how long that Zombie had been defying physics but the cigars in the box and the RPG seemed to be doing very well didn't they?? Do Americans use RPGs?

The whole forest thing was seriously a time filler.. another filler buster episode and I thought quite weak..

It should start zooming again as we head to the mid season break.
Old 17.11.2015, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No no no - sorry but that sounded nothing like Glenn.. not to my ears anyway. I think people want it to sound like Glenn as they want him to A) Survive and B) need some closure on where and what has happened to him.

The Girl, Tina, and the greenhouse death was pretty rubbish tbh.. also how long does insulin last - has it not been over 3 years since the outbreak? According to this site (http://www.consumermedsafety.org/ins...enter/item/420) just one year from the date of purchase and if not stored in a fridge you need to throw it away within 28 days..??
You think so? My first impression was that it was Glenn, though I might change my mind on a second viewing. Next week's episode looks like it might be a bit more action packed, though it's hard to tell with WD trailers...
Old 18.11.2015, 12:19 AM
GOAT

it was another episode where doing the right thing proved costly.

Quote:

So how is Tina still able to use insulin 2-4 years after the outbreak?

Also, I get that we need back stories when we meet new characters, after all in a world like the one our 'heroes' live in people would want to share their journey, they would need to, but honestly I don't really remember a thing Tina's group said to Daryl with reference to the forest or their lives.. it just washed over my head...

The truck.. was that named Patty?

How did the truck manage to get hidden in the only real growth in the whole forest and yet not be discovered until Daryl finds a sign/marker or similar on the ground.. did anyone catch what it said on it?

Abraham and Sasha.. that all felt awkward and clumsy - also I don't know how long that Zombie had been defying physics but the cigars in the box and the RPG seemed to be doing very well didn't they?? Do Americans use RPGs?

The whole forest thing was seriously a time filler.. another filler buster episode and I thought quite weak..

It should start zooming again as we head to the mid season break.

while a agree the death was needless and poor, i enjoyed the episode.
i'm not sure how anything can be a filler episode. i mean its just survival, theres no magic kingdom to end up at.

well, not knowing for sure how long passed or the setup that groups from is also key and it was in a cooler
plus i hate when people play these games and decided that this story is set in the world that follows the same rules, its fiction.

on RPGs of course they do.

lucky things like finding the truck are bound to happen, otherwise the writers would just have to give up. anytime anything good happens its kind of unlikely but its also just as likely, in an odd sort of way.

it pushed small bits of stories along, a relationship seems on the cards for Sasha and Abraham, while Daryl lost some trust in strangers. plus ended the zombie cattle drive.
it added some brief new characters that might come back and a group to be wary of.

the ending help voice too.
Old 18.11.2015, 06:18 PM
Starter

About 7 minutes in the guy who tied up Darrell cocked his gun twice in the space of about 6 seconds. I guess he was super serious about whatever it was he was saying.
Old 18.11.2015, 06:27 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattn94 View Post
About 7 minutes in the guy who tied up Darrell cocked his gun twice in the space of about 6 seconds. I guess he was super serious about whatever it was he was saying.
Yeah but he has never killed a human cos there is no going back
Old 18.11.2015, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I would love the mechanics of the infection and the bite vs. blood thing more clearly explained to be honest.
I'm a long way behind you guys, because TWD has sat on my shelf unwatched for so long, but the 'everybody is infected' thing is a big gripe of mine.

I'm not sure if this is in the comic books (I have not read them) - so I may be wrong (probably am, in fact) but it feels like it was invented just to get the series 2 Rick/Shane showdown extended and overly dramatic.

It makes no sense whatsoever that we're all infected and come back as zombies anyway, but a bite gives a fever and kickstarts the process (which takes some randomly allotted amount of time, from seconds to hours.)

There's a reason the great George A Romero referred to TWD as a 'soap opera with zombies', rather than a genuine zombie apocalypse series.

I'm sounding overly down on TWD, I enjoy it for what it is. It just has elements which (as a long standing zombie movie aficionado) frustrate me.
Old 18.11.2015, 11:11 PM
All Pro

Glenn is blatantly going to be resurrected by Milesandre, duh.

Bit of a boring ep this week, dont think Daryl, Sasha and Abraham are strong enough chracters to lead an episode personally.
Old 18.11.2015, 11:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Bomb View Post
Glenn is blatantly going to be resurrected by Milesandre, duh.

Bit of a boring ep this week, dont think Daryl, Sasha and Abraham are strong enough chracters to lead an episode personally.
Obviously he'll be dead until the finale then they'll bobby ewing him