Ufc - Page 20 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 12.12.2015, 07:52 PM
Team Captain

All over Aldo tonight think he will have to much for Connor, going to lump on at evens and hopefully make the xmas money.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.12.2015, 09:34 PM
Starter

As much as I'd like to see the two biggest loudmouths in the UFC silenced in the the space of less than a month, I'll not lie, it'd be pretty great to see McGregor vs Edgar at croke park.
Old 12.12.2015, 09:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattn94 View Post
As much as I'd like to see the two biggest loudmouths in the UFC silenced in the the space of less than a month, I'll not lie, it'd be pretty great to see McGregor vs Edgar at croke park.
Damn! Forgot about Edgar v Mendez.
Old 12.12.2015, 10:17 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Damn! Forgot about Edgar v Mendez.
Then you missed Barboza vs Ferguson too. Crazy fight, as it should have been with those two. The rest of the card was crap.
Old 13.12.2015, 06:16 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstevens View Post
All over Aldo tonight think he will have to much for Connor, going to lump on at evens and hopefully make the xmas money.
Wow no presents or turkey for the family this year then, didnt see that coming, nor did Aldo by the look of it.

Did not think he could do it but well done Conner.
Old 13.12.2015, 06:24 AM
All Pro

Well that was short.
Old 13.12.2015, 11:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Results aside (for anyone who hasn't got round to watching it yet) I didn't realise how good that card was on paper.

Damian Maia/Gunnar Nelson - probably would have tuned in for that.
Jacare Souza/Joel Romero - certainly would have tuned in for this, could have topped most cards.
Weidman/Rockhold - again, certainly would have tuned in for, and certainly would top most bills.
Aldo/McGregor - enough said.

Faber was on the undercard too. Plus Edgar v Mendez was on the night before.

That's the type of UFC weekend that has been missing for a while imo.
Old 13.12.2015, 11:37 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Results aside (for anyone who hasn't got round to watching it yet) I didn't realise how good that card was on paper.

Damian Maia/Gunnar Nelson - probably would have tuned in for that.
Jacare Souza/Joel Romero - certainly would have tuned in for this, could have topped most cards.
Weidman/Rockhold - again, certainly would have tuned in for, and certainly would top most bills.
Aldo/McGregor - enough said.

Faber was on the undercard too. Plus Edgar v Mendez was on the night before.

That's the type of UFC weekend that has been missing for a while imo.
First UFC event i've watched all in a long time, good fights especially the two in the middle weight category, cracking win for McGregor although he's going to be even more insufferable now.
Old 13.12.2015, 11:51 AM
GOAT

a great night, Rockhold beating a guy i cant stand at all, although i have no clue what Herb was doing in that fight, i've seen contests stopped for much less.

McGregor annihilated Aldo, i'm not sure on a rematch as Edgar should be getting the shot imo.

i felt Jacare should of got the decision by a hair in his fight.
Old 13.12.2015, 02:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
First UFC event i've watched all in a long time, good fights especially the two in the middle weight category, cracking win for McGregor although he's going to be even more insufferable now.
He is insufferable, but he also knows how the game works. Plus, no one can say he doesn't walk the walk now. The guy has too much power for most people in that weight class, timing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
a great night, Rockhold beating a guy i cant stand at all, although i have no clue what Herb was doing in that fight, i've seen contests stopped for much less.

McGregor annihilated Aldo, i'm not sure on a rematch as Edgar should be getting the shot imo.

i felt Jacare should of got the decision by a hair in his fight.
I was in Weidman's corner, but the size advantage Rockhold had looked ominous from midway through the 1st. He must have had 15lbs on him. Weidman looked like he'd trained for 5 rounds (and lost a bit of muscle). Rockhold looked huge.

Jacare took a beating early though, and whilst he probably took the 2nd and 3rd he never really put Romero in too much trouble. Wobbling your way to your stool after rd 1 isn't going to help you on the scorecards.

Be interesting to see what Dana does now. The money is in a Aldo rematch, but Frankie always gets made to wait. The worst thing for $$$'s would be Edgar beating McGregor, although then that would be the rematch everyone would want to see I suppose. I think Aldo gets a rematch, maybe in Ireland, then McGregor vs Edgar would be up next in the US.