Help Needed - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 16.12.2016, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Default Help Needed

First time posting after years of reading all your comments, so hoping can get thoughts or advice on my situation.

I have been a season ticket holder for a few seasons now, both upper tier first row at Wembley and Twickers. We really like our seats but know we are going to be away for both Twickers games in 2017. I don't want to lose them but not sure I can justify the money for two games only.

Have asked friends but they are not too interested in the games at Twickenham.

What shall I do? Miss out completely next year and save something around £400 but lose seats or go for it?

The wife says don't renew but need to ask like minded people!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 16.12.2016, 12:48 PM
Rookie

i'd say it depends on how much you want to keep your seats...

1, Get the season ticket & sell the Twickenham tickets for face value

2, give up the tickets & just buy individual Wembley ones. Personally, I don't think you will have any problems buying the individual tickets for Wembley in the area you want. Yes they sell out but if your on the ball on day of release you will get them.
Old 16.12.2016, 03:30 PM
Pro

Our group didn't want the Twickenham tickets, but we wanted to keep our Wembley seats (had them for several years).

So we renewed the Wembley seats and 'downgraded' the Twickenham seats we were being offered from the £168 price to the £88 price.

We'll attempt to sell these for face value nearer the time
Old 16.12.2016, 04:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd37 View Post

We'll attempt to sell these for face value nearer the time
I want to sell 2 of my games for face value so that I can half my season ticket cost, keep my seats and be priority to get seats at White Hart Lane (Shortly after Ticketmaster crashes and disappoints people next year).

Major problem is that iv saw on the FAQ's that a season ticket card is being considered for 2017 rather than individual tickets, this would annoy a lot of people including myself.

If this were to happen then I guess id lose out on money and then Wembley and Twickenham would have more empty seats for whichever games I don't go to, more likely Ravens@Jags & Vikings@Browns (Although like most games over the years I would enjoy seeing the away teams and seem to side with those more often than home)

Last edited by dannyh1991; 16.12.2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 19.12.2016, 12:44 PM
Rookie

Cheers all for the replies.
It is as Dannyh1991 says, the risk of it being a card rather than individual tickets is the issue and would want first dibs for WHL when that replaces Twickenham (which hopefully with the 3 game contract fulfilled in 2017 that's the end of that).
Will flip a coin to decide before the deadline!
Old 22.12.2016, 10:11 AM
Pro

If i'm being optimistic, i'd hope that they wouldn't introduce a card for tickets until 2018 (and inform potential buyers of this before ticket/renewal windows are opened).
Old 22.12.2016, 07:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Wink

I know they want to beat the touts but from some reports the biggest touts are the ticket sellers themselves! Radio 4 did a report this year on a gig at the Albert hall where you had to show the card you booked the tickets on and personnel i.d in the form of a passport or driving license. There were loads of people turned away. A guy who flew in from Holland who had bought his ticket legitimately from Stubhub and a women who could show her credit card but owned neither a passport or driving license were denied access. If they start down this route it's going to cause mayhem. From the forum I understand groups club together to buy season tickets and share the seats amongst themselves. And I myself sold my Twickenham tickets last year at face value. A card is going to kill that. Are they trying to deliberately thin out the attendance !!!