2018 Season - Page 20 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 28.10.2018, 05:07 AM
Pro Bowler

4 Jacksonville players (CB DJ Hayden, S Ronnie Harrison, S Jarrod Wilson and S Barry Church) have reportedly been arrested after failure to pay a £50,000 nightclub bill...
Sponsored Links
Old 28.10.2018, 09:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
4 Jacksonville players (CB DJ Hayden, S Ronnie Harrison, S Jarrod Wilson and S Barry Church) have reportedly been arrested after failure to pay a £50,000 nightclub bill...
Lol I'd love to see a breakdown of that tab.
Old 28.10.2018, 10:00 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
That's a lot of champagne and vodka.
Old 28.10.2018, 10:29 AM
All Pro

So your team is playing rubbish, its an important game and 4 players are out clubbin on the drink! Beggars belief!
Old 28.10.2018, 10:34 AM
Pro Bowler

Tampa Bay WR Desean Jackson has reportedly requested a trade.
Old 28.10.2018, 11:00 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Rivers Titan View Post
That's a lot of champagne and vodka.
Hmm. Possibly not. What kind of nightclub were they in, I wonder?

I suspect the players just got an expensive lesson in the shady side of London nightlife.

Soho is well known for clip joints. A beautiful woman offers you a drink, then another.. and when you get the bill it is £500 a glass. Oh, and Big Terry encourages you to pay before leaving. You didn't see the prices? Well, it is rather dark in here!

I could be wrong, but "I thought it was complimentary!" is classic mug punter talk.

Professional American football players, you say? Why, take a booth! These lovely ladies will laugh at every joke you make.

An enjoyable evening spent chatting to beautiful well dressed young women with cast iron stomachs who probably drank most of the booze between them. Which is their job, of course.

The consolation bring that they are the rare mugs that can afford it!
Old 28.10.2018, 04:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
So your team is playing rubbish, its an important game and 4 players are out clubbin on the drink! Beggars belief!
Well you wouldn't go clubbing sober, would you?
Old 28.10.2018, 04:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj00ns View Post
Hmm. Possibly not. What kind of nightclub were they in, I wonder?

I suspect the players just got an expensive lesson in the shady side of London nightlife.

Soho is well known for clip joints. A beautiful woman offers you a drink, then another.. and when you get the bill it is £500 a glass. Oh, and Big Terry encourages you to pay before leaving. You didn't see the prices? Well, it is rather dark in here!

I could be wrong, but "I thought it was complimentary!" is classic mug punter talk.

Professional American football players, you say? Why, take a booth! These lovely ladies will laugh at every joke you make.

An enjoyable evening spent chatting to beautiful well dressed young women with cast iron stomachs who probably drank most of the booze between them. Which is their job, of course.

The consolation bring that they are the rare mugs that can afford it!
I thought this too. But then would those goons who run the bar call the police? I wouldn't imagine the police are their friends.

Someone once told me (I don't know if it was personal experience, urban myth or what) that the way out of those situations is to wait it out until closing time at which point they get fed up with you and let you go, but I don't know.
Old 28.10.2018, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

The club in question is located at the bottom of Piccadilly very close to the Eros statue. Every time I drive past late at night it looks busy with the young, affluent types. It’s not one of these dodgy Soho joints.
Old 28.10.2018, 06:03 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I thought this too. But then would those goons who run the bar call the police? I wouldn't imagine the police are their friends.

Someone once told me (I don't know if it was personal experience, urban myth or what) that the way out of those situations is to wait it out until closing time at which point they get fed up with you and let you go, but I don't know.
Apparently there were 5 other players there too. So I'll take that back. Sounds like too big a crowd for one of those joints.

Also, fraud by false representation? That doesn't sound right either.

I find it hard to believe any half decent place would send over drinks like that without a price tag and then charge them on the way out. But there are plenty of inbetweens.

A bottle of bells can set you back £200 in even a dive strip club. If my friends stag do is anything to go by. God knows what they charge for champagne!

It sounds to me like the police believed the club, which would explain the fraud. So maybe they just had a big jolly and thought they could sneak out and be on a plane home before facing the music.