Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 9 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 02.05.2006, 03:00 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Big Red Thread (Cardinals)

Hey dudes, show some love. What do you think about the draft and snapping up Leinhart and of course picking up Edge :'(?

I think the Cards are definately on the up and they should be a great team to watch this season!

Edge will produce for you, no doubt about that! He's a great player, it's unfortunate that we couldn't have kept him!
Sponsored Links
Old 02.05.2006, 04:06 PM
All Pro

I reckon the Cardinals have made some great moves during this offseason. I'm still more impressed with Cleveland's influx of new talent in free agency but Arizona did have the better draft.

One of the great things for Arizona is their new stadium and I hope they can get more fans in there as it was dissapointing to see Sun Devil Stadium just about empty. They've also got two of the most talented recievers in Boldin and Fitzgerald along with Edgerrin James running the ball and Leinart to take over the regins in a couple of seasons and the future looks good in Arizona. Along with the Saints I like the Cardinals as a surprise package next season.
Old 02.05.2006, 06:33 PM
Pro Bowler

According to reports from the weekend there are under 3000 season tickets left and they wouldn't be surprised if they were all sold by the end of next week. Looks like the blackout will get lifted this year.

We had a great draft, I'm very happy with Leinart, Deuce, Pope, and Watson (will need to improve conditioning and motivation). We have decent STers in Johnson and Watkins. Jon Lewis should provide some good depth.

This is a good article about Edge:

By ANDREW BAGNATO, AP Sports Writer Mon May 1, 6:50 PM ET

TEMPE, Ariz. - Edgerrin James had a friendly warning for Kurt Warner when the Arizona Cardinals teammates walked off the practice field Monday.

James, the Cardinals‘ new running back, was referring to the rap music blaring from speakers in his locker. He didn‘t want his straight-laced quarterback, whose charitable foundation promotes Christian values, to be shocked by what he was about to hear.

When the Cardinals lured James away from the Indianapolis Colts with a four-year, $30 million contract in March, their main goal was to fortify their running attack with a four-time Pro Bowl running back. But more than four months before the 2006 opener, James is making his presence felt off the field.

Next thing you know, James will have the Cardinals believing they‘re a playoff contender.

James made a good impression with his new bosses by showing up for this week‘s voluntary workouts, which he sometimes skipped as a Colt, preferring to work out on his own in Florida. But if James is going to be here, he wants to feel at home.

As James spoke to reporters, he was still wearing tape on his ankles. And even though the Cardinals had worked out in 90-degree temperatures, James was heading to the weight room for a post-practice workout.

That‘s the sort of effort Green appreciates, especially from a decorated veteran who doesn‘t have to worry about making the team. Perhaps that‘s why Green, who keeps a tight rein on all aspects of the Cardinals‘ football program, gave in when James approached him about switching to black shoes from the team‘s standard white.

"Hey, it‘s a start," said James, who wore black cleats Monday. "All the guys, they‘re pumped. They think I‘m getting special treatment. I had a lot of guys asking me. I said, ‘I‘ll go ask.‘ I‘ll be a cool leader."

"In the NFL, it goes up and down," James said. "It‘s like it‘s the Cardinals‘ time right now to turn the program around, and that‘s what we‘ve got to do."

Very happpy to be a Cards fan at the moment ;D
Old 19.06.2006, 11:38 PM
All Pro

All the season tickets are gone now! It is an exciting year for Cards fans, but I do worry that we may be getting a little hyped, a couple of divisional losses to the Seahawks and the post season dream is over, and these will not be easy games!

Although this year I can see the possibility of maybe a winning season, maybe 9-7 this season. Season after, its all about the cards!!
Old 20.06.2006, 11:49 AM
All Pro

The NFC is a very interesting conference.

The East, all four teams have potential and expectations to go to the playoffs, and the fans on here expect to win the home division matches and lose the away ones. There is 3 defeats straight away, Also there are bound to be injuries caused due to the massive intensity which will affect teams. So it is possible that in the East taking wins off each other will affect teams chances of getting the wildcard spots.

The North, I feel is still quite weak, and the Bears will win the division again, and maybe the packers get to an 8-8 season, nothing else from there.

The South, Saints will improve and maybe take wins off Tampa and Atlanta, and with the Panthers you could see them taking wins off them and knocking them out of the play off race.

Ok the Seahawks should win the West again, Im not buying the talk from the Rams fans that they will be brilliant this season, but the Cards I believe can get a wildcard spot.

Defence was decent last year, and I would expect the same this year.

Warner, Boldin and Fitzgerald have worked together for a year, and will continue to gel. James adds a extra dimension with the running game. I hear that there are concerns over the strength of the O-Line, still it is collapses with Warner in the pocket, a quick shovel pass, dump off or swing to James and let him go, he had a similar back with Faulk at the Rams. Also James will punch you into the Endzone which is what stopped the Cards from being more of a force last year.

I dont think this year will be the year that the Cards make the superbowl, but all going well for them, then I reckon a playoff place is achievable.

Old 20.06.2006, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

another Cards fan ...another Cards fan ;D ;D

yeah mate def agree about the hype - nice that people are talking about us but need to get off to a winning start sooo bad this year!!

thats been our down fall over the last 4/5 years (or 20 years actually) we start on the road and never get going til its too late - winning a couple win your 0-4 just doesnt work but even being 4-4 and at least having something to play for would be massive progress for us i feel.
Old 20.06.2006, 03:32 PM
All Pro

Lets see them in the Superbowl in Arizona in 2008 (or 2009, i can't remember)

Divisoional, we can beat 49ers twice, Rams at least at home, but I still think the seahawks will make or break us in the division this year.
Old 20.06.2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Bowler

In my mind I see three deciding factors:

- Can the Loney coach the O-line so it's actually functional?
- Can we stop the run?
- Can Warner stay healthy?

If those we get a "yes" to those three things we will be competitive.
Old 20.06.2006, 09:05 PM
All Pro

with confidence an expectation running high in the camp then I'd hope everyone raises their game and I expect them to. Starting at home to the 49ers should keep that confidence going (no offense 9ers fans), new stadium, full with support. Hopefully a seriously explosive offense that may cope with the odd frailty in the team that currently exists. Another hit or miss season on the way
Old 21.06.2006, 07:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Really hope the Cards do win for you lot ! You've gone through a lot of frustrating seasons !!! 'IF' the Cards do win then watch all the bandwagon fans next season !

Great the Cards have sold out their stadium. They have a good team on paper, just hope they can all click together, could be very exciting to watch. I hope they do well