Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 01.07.2006, 10:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Re:Big Red Thread (Cardinals)

I would really recommend someone you're with hires a car, Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale etc are really spread out. Tempe has range places to eat out though and if you're around in October try and catch a Sun Devils game.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.07.2006, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

went to a couple of games last season at SDS - and was not driving - so if you need info PM and i will see if i can help! (obv not sure how it will work in Glendale)

Tempe Mission Palms is ace by the way!

i hope you didnt want to drink over there as Tempe was really strict on ID for bars etc with it being a college town! - im in my 30's and was asked a couple of times so watch out! Scottsdale wasnt as bad as Tempe for that but still would have thought you will get carded!

Not that the drinking matters though eh? - these loads to do over there! and it about 10 minutes to the training facility to - great for autographs and pictures on a none game day!

Downtown Phoenix was not that great tbh - although BOB is worth a visit even if there isnt a game on )there is a bar/restrnt that over looks the field thats open all year round!

Old 04.07.2006, 04:35 PM
Rookie

Good stuff, no i wont be drinking, i know you gotta be 21, but TBH when im in the States, i live off Gatorade and Mountain Dew for the time im there ;D

Tempe Mission Palms looked real nice so thats why we staying there so hopefully it will be as good as the reviews.

Ill drop you a PM probably later on when i have a bit more time
Old 04.07.2006, 10:31 PM
All Pro

Looking at the fixtures today, I really believe we could have a 9-7 or a 10-6 season if they play like they should and could do this season. Thats counting out a victory against the Seahawks in either divisional encounter, they should be the tell tale games
Old 23.07.2006, 08:47 PM
All Pro

Read today 6 home games completley sold out!!!! and to US101A the Kansas City game in October while youre there is not one of those sold out. Available through www.ticketmaster.com, but it may only be to residents of Arizona. You'd have to check it.

Old 23.07.2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Bowler

I can't believe the one year I don't get to go home is the year we open a new stadium >
That said I am really lookign forward to this season, we actually look like a really NFL football team
Old 24.07.2006, 09:19 AM
Hall of Fame

So come on , be honest. Have you noticed more Cards fans on your forums recently ?

I used to be on the First Down forums for about 4 years and never had one Cardinals fan !

I hope your team improves this year and does really well, not a fan of Bidwell at all (Then again i like him as he makes Al Davis look good ! but all the Cards fans i have a ton of respect for. By going through the tough non playoff years you get to appreciate winning even more.

After the last 3 years of the Raiders i sooooo appreciate a win or even an 8-8 / 9-7 season !

Good luck for this year, i really like Kurt Warner and that offense could be a great one to watch this year injuries withstanding. Must admit i was never a fan of Jake Plummers (two of my friends went to Arizona State and used to tell me stories about him).
Old 24.07.2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Bowler

The main Cards forum that I read hasn't seen a massive influx of new fans though I suspect the official forum probably has.

The new stadium is the difference for the management of this team, as soon as planning was finally granted after years of arguing (and and legal issues) the management really turned a corner and started working on investing in the team.
For all the flack that Bill Billwill gets the ownership forked out $150 million towards the stadium; that's one hell of an investment so you know they're going to make sure they get fans in seats. Bill has stepped back and Michael B is taking this team forward.

I'm not sure how we'll do this season, I still get nervous when I see on paper the names of our o-linemen. That said I think the position coaching will make a huge difference.
I also really like Kurt Warner and also think the offense can do great things barring injury, if we finish 9-7 I will be on cloud nine come January... anything else will be a bonus

FWIW I never liked Jake either... but then I'm a Wildcats fan
Old 24.07.2006, 11:27 AM
Hall of Fame

When the Raiders were winning a few years back i saw a big increase in fans on Raider forums suddenly appearing. I said elsewhere fans are funny as anything, so fickle. One minute they love Gannon, then they want Collins, then hate Collins etc !

I was always gutted for the Cards when Neil Lomax had to retire. Plus Timm Rosenbach for a young QB looked very promising. JT Smith even was headed for possibly the most receptions ever in 1989 but then was injured.

Had some tough luck over the years ! I'll be cheering on the Cards this year in their division for sure. Also like Dennis Green, hope he can turn things around. Perhaps not this year but either way you have a solid foundation
Old 24.07.2006, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

The main problem is the 'winning' you mentioned!!

at the moment we are everyones (well almost) second team because they all like an underdog!

to actually get people to follow us we need to start winning games!