Fantasy Football Change? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > NFL Fantasy Games

Sponsored Links

View Poll Results: Do you think we should change to the nfl.com set up?
Yes 3 30.00%
No 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03.01.2009, 05:00 PM
Rookie

Default Fantasy Football Change?

This season I played fantasy football on nfl.com and I think that the way in which it is set up and played is much better than the fantasy football here on nfluk. The way the fantasy football is set out on nfl.com is:

You are placed into a league of 11 other random or selected people (you choose), there is then a draft similar to the NFL draft with a random order in which you must pick, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K and 1DST (defense/ special teams) and 5 reserves. The draft is live but you don't need to actually be online during the draft as you can preset wour draft picks or the website pikcs the best evailiable players left for you. However, you may strengthen your team each week by signing free agents or trading with other teams. Each week you play a different team in your league, the teams in your division 2 times and everybody else. After 14 weeks you advance to the playoffs if you are the winner of your division or if you have the best record out of the non-qualifiers. With four teams in the playoffs you keep the same players you have had all season and play a game against one team and then advance through to the Fantasy Football final if you win.
The scoring is also slight different to the nfluk scoring, you get:
6 points if your QB throws a touchdown
6 points if anybody in your team gets a rushing TD
6 points if anybody in you team gets a receiving TD
1 point for every 25 yards thrown
1 point for every 10 yards gained in rushing
1 point for every 10 receiving yards recieving
2 points for throwing, recieving, rushing 2 point conversion
-2 points for a fumble or passing interception
3 points for a kicked Field goal (2 point bonus if over 50 yards)
1 point if you kicker kicks an extra point
6 points for a defense/ special team TD (kick return, interception return, fumble recovery)
2 points for a recovered fumble or interception your defense/ special teams get
1 point for a sack,
2 points for a safety
And bonus points if your Defense/special team limit their opponent under a certain amount of yards or points

Let me know if anyone thinks that nfluk should adopt (or not) either the scoring system or the way fantasy football is organised or if you have ever played fantasy football on nfl.com

Last edited by jenks123; 03.01.2009 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.01.2009, 05:21 PM
All Pro

It should change a bit but not to the nfl.com one.Most of us here play on that so there's no need to really.Make sure that the pricing is done right this year and that it works for everyone on this new site as mine still doesnt work.Make some small changes to the scoring system, but I like it as it is for the most part.We should be able to organise oursleves into our own leagues too though
Old 03.01.2009, 05:28 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Zultan

I think that the system we have in place works. Its designed to get new people into the nfl and let them get to know the bigger names in the sport, you don't have to play each week and its easy to use. The nfl.com is a good system but for those who want it can just go to nfl.com, there's little point just duplicating another game.

My only gripe with the nlfuk game this year was how little effort went into the pricing of players. Very few players changed in price and every rookie was given a blanket £1million price.
Old 03.01.2009, 05:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultan View Post
My only gripe with the nlfuk game this year was how little effort went into the pricing of players. Very few players changed in price and every rookie was given a blanket £1million price.
Dont disagree with you, but is it really possible to price the rookies differently when you have no idea how they will perform?
Old 03.01.2009, 06:02 PM
All Pro

the problem with NFLUK changing to the nfl.com setup is that it would be nearly impossible to fairly compare the thousands of entries. The way it is now, personally don't like it but, makes it very easy to compare Bob from John o'Groats and Bill from Penzance as they have exactly the same pool of players to choose from. However a change to the nfl.com scoring system is very much warrented imo
Old 03.01.2009, 06:09 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Zultan

Consider this, its the start of the season, surely a £1million Matt Ryan who has a starting job is going to be more productive than say a £2million backup QB such as Cassel who is only going to see time if Brady gets injured. Why should Ryan be the same price as any other non starting rookies when he's clearly going to get more points than them. Same goes for any rookies in a starting position for their team. Giving them all £1million price tages just seems to show that little effort went into the pricing of players last year.
Old 03.01.2009, 08:05 PM
All Pro

They should have it so that prices will change at week 4 or something.Or else have some rookies with 2 million price tags, the guys who are taken in the first day or something or else just the first round.

But like I said above, I think they should allow us to form our own leagues
Old 03.01.2009, 11:45 PM
Starter

Yeah I can see where you're coming from in terms of the pricing, a good example is Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and Colt Brennen, all rookies, all quarterbacks, all with a $1 million price tag but two of those are in a starting position, Brennen, like Cassell will only get to play should something happen to Campbell!

Although again I always found it funny that Warner was $2 million whilst Leinhart was $3 million, now I know that at the start of the season there was a good chance it would be Warner watching from the sidelines but.....

On the plus side having no thought put into their price tags has helped me out during the season as Forte was a regular for me as was DeSean Jackson and both Carlson and Keller were also regular members, allowing me to use the likes of Brees, McNabb, Peterson, Westbrook, Portis, LT, Owens, Moss and even Brady at the start of the season. Choosing 3 of the $1 million rookies and say Elam, Stover or Casay as my kicker meant four positions filled spending only $4 million, leaving $14 million for my QB, RB, WR and DST so in theory in a given week I could have a lineup of Brees, Petereon, Forte, Smith, Jackson, Carlson, Elam and Philly (if i stuck to that line up i'd have finished with a respectable 1,543 points around the 100th position overall!!)

Swings and roundabouts
Old 05.01.2009, 02:51 AM
All Pro

Wink

i like it the way it is. price on players could change and should be only aloud 1 team per person. Could be done by ip address? . the guy who wone and came 2nd had 7 teams what a joke
Old 05.01.2009, 09:59 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 12 View Post
i like it the way it is. price on players could change and should be only aloud 1 team per person. Could be done by ip address? . the guy who wone* and came 2nd had 7 teams what a joke
But the scores from thosde 7 teams are not cumalative they all score as individual teams so I see no problem with havin 70 teams if you so wish it and have the time to organise it.

As for the topic of changing the format. . I like the current format. it's more user friendly to newbies and veterans alike.
Pricing. . all rookies should be $1 million but then have (as previously mentioned) a week 4 price change and maybe a week 10 depending on how things are working around the league. . .

I can only see the need for leagues if we change format to NFL.COM which is not needed here. . otherwise why bother at all. . the UK league needs to be different. .

*won

Tags
fantasy football , nfl.com , nfluk